Cold sensation on top of head

Posted , 21 users are following.

Does anyone else experience a cold sensation on their head? It's happened to me before, but it's so unsettling.

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I have the same issue. The top of my head gets cold and I have to sleep with a hat. If I put my hand on my head it feels better. I also have these feelings in my arms and legs. Has anyone come up with a cause for you?

• Posted

Dear Chris,

Did you find anything to settle this? can share to us? i also have these feeling like you

• Edited

yes, i get this all the time now, especially on the right hand side of my scalp. I wonder does to relate to hair loss? i started feeling cold ever since i noticed that my hair was thinning i am a woman but have recently experienced thinning due to the menopause. However no one who suffers from hair loss seems to be complaining about this and i mentioned it to my dermatologist and he didnt seem to have an answer. I am beginning to think that it does either have to do with anxiety or a lack blood flow to the area or both. Do any of you experience hair loss together with this cold feeling symptom?

• Posted

Dear,

Did you find anything to settle it now? Mind to share if yes

Much appreciate

• Posted

I have just started menopause and have been having the same issue with the cold sensation on the top of my headache. I was thinking that is what may be causing it.

• Posted

Now I don't know this for sure, but when you feel anxious, your blood vessels constrict forcing blood to your organs ready for fight, the top the head could be considered an extremity?, like the feet/hands/tip of nose etc, all places that can be cold especially when anxious?

• Posted

hi ive started going through same. How did yours turn out. Are you okay? Are you feeling much better ?

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Rain,

So did you find anything about this to settled it? can share to us?

Much appreciated

• Posted

Hi Samantha,

So did you find anything about this? how you settle it? can share to us?

Much appreciate

• Posted

Hi all, I have recently started getting this cold sensation in the middle of my head, to tell you the truth its a bit scary. Our weather recently change, the place has been cold for ,4 months now and about a month now i have been getting this feeling. Along with this i'm very lightheaded. I do trouble from bad anxiety and have been looking a way to calm myself from stress. if you guys have any suggestions please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.