cold weather and leg pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone . I've been away for a bit. I haven't been posting. Well where I'm at the weather is getting cooler, thus it seems like every day my pain is increasing with the cooler weather. Not sure what to do for my legs as that's where the pain wants to be persistent. Driving me crazy.lol.must have a sense of humor or illnesses will make you depressed. So looking for any ideas on what to do to help ease the pain.. your friend .

Snoopy

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. Yes colder weather really affects me as well. I find on those days taking a soak in a very warm Epsom salts bath or bringing a hot water bottle to bed really helps. Wear warm socks around the house and keep a sweater nearby. Fresh ginger tea with a bit of honey helps warm you up also and promotes circulation. Eating a bit of cayenne or chillies in your food if you can tolerate it, has the same effect. x
  • Posted

Yes - cold weather makes me worse but then again I have a friend with fibro and she finds the warmer weather makes her worse.  Fibro is different for all of us.   I am having a sense of humour failure at the moment as every symptom seems to have kicked in today.  Normally really positive pro active sort of person.    

Keep warm and if you can stand some gentle exercise it can often help although often it is the last thing we want to do. I use dead sea salts in the bath - preferably for 20 min soak then shower off - it helps me.

• Posted

Hi Maggers, sorry your symptoms have all kicked in at once. Don't be downhearted, rest if you can, and maybe listen to some soothing music. Feel better, tomorrow is another day. Gentle hugs x

• Posted

Thanks for your comments. I have to go into work tomorrow regardless. Fibro dislikes stress and boy oh boy have I had stress over the last couple of months.   This site is a real Godsend. Only fibro folk understand it, as lovely as my family are they just really don't get it as hard as they try.

• Posted

Hi, yes the cooler weather definitely affects me adversely as well. I also find Epsom salts in a hot bath helpful, and hot water bottles. I can't take anti-inflammatories orally, but rubbing in ibuprofen gel can help my leg pain. Hope you find some relief soon. Gentle hugs x

• Posted

Yah were I live it's getting cool too. I wear silk long underwear it seams to help a lot.

• Posted

Hi yes I get more pain when it's cold and damp not great at all plus I'm stressed at work colleagues not supportive at all nor is the company I have been offered another job due to start in Dec but it's longer hours and learning new stuff keep wondering if im up to it my memory has been getting very bad

• Posted

It's not even just throw cold weather that's causing me pain but the dramatic shifts in temperature. Within a 36 hr period, the temp had dropped 50 degrees. My entire body ached. Someone once told me that it's the barometric pressure that causes the changes we feel not just the temperature. Even though cold does tend to hurt more.

Stay strong!

• Posted

Goodness 50 degrees - where in the world are you?
    • Posted

Jersey. It went up to 85 one day. Indian summer but the next night it went down to 35.
    • Posted

that is pretty dramatic isn't it. No wonder our bodies object.sad

• Posted

Yeoch I'd be hospitalized feom the pain if that happened to me.I hope you don't get that this winter.

• Posted

Already happened a few weeks ago. Had to pull out summer clothes for 2 days and then it went back. Today and tomorrow the highs are in the 70's and then back to high of 50s and lows in 30s. I'm fine on the warm days but as it switches....I'm in tears.

• Posted

I also start getting leg pain and pain in my hip now the cold weather has arrived I try not to go out much because the pain is terrible but when I go out I wrap up warm
  • Posted

Hi SnoopyDog,

Yes! We are overly sensitive to barometric pressure change.

When the barometer goes up, we feel relief, have our better days.

When the barometer goes down, we have difficulty with increased pain.

My legs are my worst. So I go out if my way to keep my legs warm, very warm.. socks, leg warmers, blankets, and a Sunbeam electric mattress pad so that I never climb into a cold bed.

One fellow wrote that he did not need to purchase a barometer because he was living inside of one. giggle

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.