Colonoscopy coming up in 2 weeks,

Posted , 5 users are following.

What is this new thing they are doing now?

Last one I had, I had to drink all the bowel prep the night before.

Now, they are doing one on me the 26th of this month(January)

and I am to drink half of it the night before, and I am supposed to get up at 4:00 AM to start drinking the other half (Half Gallon I guess)

Last time I had one, they found a growth, as I had been putting off my colonoscopy, as I was afraid. Plus I do not/Did not have any one to stay after me. I sucks when you don't have anyone around that cares about you, and will stay after you. I told my doctor to stay after me, but she never did. It is really my fault though.

But it is nice if you have some one to stay after you.

Anyways, the growth WAS cancerous, and they had to remove part of my colon, and it had spread to the lymph nodes, so they had to do Chemo, and now I am worried about it coming back, and killing me. Don't put your colonoscopy off if it is due.

Also was anyone allowed to dring less bowell prep because they have part of there colon removed?

I asked the doctor today, but they have to call me back.

I told them I wanted it looked into, and not just told to drink it all.

I did have a hard time drinking it all last time, but that was when I did have the growth in me.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Anthony

i don't know the answers to your questions but I wanted to say how very sorry I am to read what you have been through and are still going through...

All the very best for your procedure on the 26 th and I hope the doctors give you the answers that you need soon.

abest krakenbest kraken

• Posted

Have you tried contacting a support group.You could find this useful in dealing with the answers you need plus you won't be alone.

• Posted

I was sort of talking to one, but I think there mad at me, cause this one woman started spouting off "5 year survival rates", and I told her I know she didn't mean anything bad, but I didn't like hearing this "5 year survival rate bitt" and asked her in the group, "what does that mean, I am going to die soon"

I wrote her and said I didn't mean to tound mean, but I never heard back.

My pharmanest buddy started spouting that crap off, and I didn't like hearing it from him either.

Sometimes I guess we don't want to hear the truth.

• Posted

Some people should have more tact.They should be making us more positive rather than giving scare mongering information.I have recently had my bowel removed and the support I have had has been very posotive.I know things can be hard but places like this site are a good way to talk to others. 
    • Posted

Thanks Craig,

wow, so you havd the whole thing removed?

l know there are a lot of people that have it worse than me too.

• Posted

I thought I would'nt be able to handle this issue but I am learning to adapt.I have got to have a prouder done tomorrow and am a bit apprehensive.I know it routine but you sort of think what next.I suppose it's life and I take what comes.Still trying to get my head around the food choices and when to eat.

• Posted

Hi Craig

You are absolutely right some people should have more tact, I would be more inclined to concerntrate on getting yourself better and ignoring these people

good luck keep in touch

Jon and Marie 13689

• Posted

Hi Anthony

Hope your next colonoscopy goes better for you also hope you get the best advice on the preparation for it as in how much medication to drink before hand.

Please reply hopefully with some good news when completed.

good luck

Jon and Marie 13689

• Posted

All the very best to you both Anthony and Craig sending you both positive thoughts and plenty of hugs, you are both very inspirational xxx
  • Posted

Pharmacy just told me it's a big gallon Jug, they couldn't give me something smaller.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.