Colonoscopy coming up in 2 weeks,

Posted , 5 users are following.

What is this new thing they are doing now?

Last one I had, I had to drink all the bowel prep the night before.

Now, they are doing one on me the 26th of this month(January)

and I am to drink half of it the night before, and I am supposed to get up at 4:00 AM to start drinking the other half (Half Gallon I guess)

Last time I had one, they found a growth, as I had been putting off my colonoscopy, as I was afraid. Plus I do not/Did not have any one to stay after me. I sucks when you don't have anyone around that cares about you, and will stay after you. I told my doctor to stay after me, but she never did. It is really my fault though.

But it is nice if you have some one to stay after you.

Anyways, the growth WAS cancerous, and they had to remove part of my colon, and it had spread to the lymph nodes, so they had to do Chemo, and now I am worried about it coming back, and killing me. Don't put your colonoscopy off if it is due.

Also was anyone allowed to dring less bowell prep because they have part of there colon removed?

I asked the doctor today, but they have to call me back.

I told them I wanted it looked into, and not just told to drink it all.

I did have a hard time drinking it all last time, but that was when I did have the growth in me.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Understand Anthony, guess all doctors are not the same..

you're on the way now , it'll all be over soon..

good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Just as a p.s....they told me to drink plenty of water in between the bowel preps to stop me dehydrating, so I did that.. Then my last glass of water on my instruction leaflet was to be had 4 hours before the procedure..,,I found it was enough.

good luck..

• Posted

Just a note, did end up drinking about 3/4 of the jug last night.

Actually left about 1/2" above the 1/4 full line.

Is really a 4 liter jug, but "cheated" it down to a gallon.

Started about 5:00 PM instead of 4:00 PM.

ended up pretty well just staying in the bathroom, would come out enough to fill my 8 oz glass. Was all done and through me by about 8:00 PM, had my shower and everything.

Everything seemed to be "running clear" by then.

Back up at 4:00 AM Today, to drink the rest of the prep.

Started the first glass right at 4:00 AM, was done By 5:00 AM,

but the funny thing is I only went to the bathroom the one time.

Seems to be all done now.

I don't know, everybody says how nasty that stuff is, but with the lemon flavor in it, it's really not all that bad.

• Posted

Well, doctor said everything looked good.

Some inflammation where they connected my insides back together, but other than that look good.

She said they did tale a Biopsy, don't know why, maybe it's routine.

Have a follow up in 4 weeks.

Thanks for the support.

• Posted

That is great news Anthony really pleased for you, I think they do take biopsies whilst they "are there" so to speak!

All the very best to you. 

• Posted

I am sure you are Anthony I found after my colonoscopy it took me about four days to feel full up. it was like I could not get enough food in me after the two days of purging and clear soup, at the time I never wanted to see a jelly again!

Take care.

• Posted

Great stuff Anthony....glad its all over for you...They took biopsies from me too...think it's routine.....I have the same 4 week follow up appointment too.

I was extra hungry for days!! Take care of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.