Colonoscopy fear- hel

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am due to have a colonoscopy on Saturday and I'm sat here feeling like I want to cancel the fear I feel is immense I've heard good and bad things and like always you cling on to the bad I'm also full of cold and on my period so tripley fed any words of encouragement? 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok everyone an update... I am at home and feeling good the procedure was no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be I felt no pain was wide awake through it all no gas n air needed. They got all the way around too. I have divercullitus and they also took some biopsies they said there was nothing like growths or polyps there. Overall my experience has been a positive one I would like to reassure others having it done if you read the horror stories than please don't cling to them like I did the test is so important and I feel so much more relieved. Thank you to all that posted advice I really appreciate it x 

• Posted

So pleased it all went ok for you and it wasn't as bad as you thought . Did you have the sedation?  

You will sleep well tonight ??

• Posted

I did have the sedation but it didn't make me sleep just made me feel a bit like I had a couple of gins before I was still able to talk to the people in there but I'm glad I had it as I felt totally chilled and also the fact I had gas and air if I needed it helped but I didn't need it. The nurse said I coped with the procedure amazingly well and actually said we will get you back to show people how it's done lol. I've been a bit crampy today and haven't been to the loo yet 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.