Colonoscopy pain, discomfort, how long does it last?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had colonoscopy on Tuesday, removed 6 polyps, did a scrape of colon to be sent for biopsy. Diagnosed with severe Diverticulosis (3 spots in sigmoid) and a spasmodic colon. I’m still having some discomfort with bloating and gas. Took some Bentyl today. Any suggestions or advice on how to get some relief. 🙏 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am sure you are glad to have your colonoscopy over and done with. Mine is still upcoming.. scheduled for August 9th. Not looking forward to it but hoping for some answers. I am actually doing really well at the moment and have increased fibre by taking benefibre and am taking probiotics twice daily as well as probiotic yoghurt and kefir. Seems to be helping and the pain is a lot less. Unfortunately I now have an abscesses wisdom tooth to deal with!!  It never rains but it pours it seems!  Hope your pain diminishes soon

anne

• Posted

What probiotics do you take? I can’t do dairy anymore or eggs, really sucks. I’m going to try kefir in my smoothies. 🤗🙏

• Posted

I take primaophilus optima digestive balance 50.  I find they help a lot. This is the non refrigerated kind
    • Posted

That would be primadophilus

• Posted

Ok I’m still having bad discomfort from colonoscopy, is this normal? Had it last Tuesday. Bloating, spasms ,gas, and now pain in groin area with burning kinda sensation in bellybutton area. No fever, no bleeding, and pooping ok. The lower left back, hip, buttocks and leg pain has gotten worse. So nervous 😟 Is this normal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.