Come and Go Nausea past two days

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 26 year old white male. 165 pounds and 5'11. I stay in excellent shape i.e run several times a week and eat as healthy as possible.  Yesterday morning I started to have some nausea. Now I think the event that triggered that was having black coffee on an empty stomach on my way to work. I had a good breakfast of oatmeal and fruit. Then  I had another cup with creamer in it.  That triggered a quite intense bout of nausea. Later yesterday, I had a cup of ginger tea and that helped but it came back again but not as bed.

Today I woke up and haven't had any coffee but this nausea comes and goes. Right now its okay but it keeps on coming back. I have lost my appetite. I have a cup of ginger tea and that has soothed my stomach.  In addition, I have some mild cramps, burping, and flatulence.

Nothing severe but annoying nonetheless. MY stool is normal as in blood or anything. What could this be?

I have a sensitive stomach anyway. Coffee usually gives me the runs and I nearly got seasick on cruise I went on a few months ago . I am also a hypochondriac and I am wondering if me stressing out about this is making it worse.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Give up coffee and drink tea.
    • Posted

Just an update. My nausea symptoms have completely gone away. I had two cups of ginger tea in place of  coffee and that did the trick. I feel 100% better. I think I will switch from cofeee to tea and fruit drinks.

I will also mention it to my doctor next time I go in 

• Posted

Stress can make any situation worse. Try not to stress. Stop the coffee for sure. Decaf coffee will probably be ok for you. Try drinking healthy fruit drinks. Bananas are good for nausea. The main thing is to see Dr. Asap. You need to be checked out.
    • Posted

ust an update. My nausea symptoms have completely gone away. I had two cups of ginger tea in place of  coffee and that did the trick. I feel 100% better. I think I will switch from cofeee to tea and fruit drinks.

I will also mention it to my doctor next time I go in 

• Posted

try not to stress yourself up and avoid strenuous activities
  • Posted

Give up coffee and try lactose free milk. Try a food diary and avoid fatty, rich and spicy food.  Eat blandly.  Does your stool ever change to constipation or diarrhoea when you take coffee or creamer?   Stress will make it worse. See your doctor and ask about gastritis and IBS.
    • Posted

Hello 

Coffee makes me go to the bathroom. I haven’t had a cup of coffee in like two days and I feel better. That being said I have a lot of stress. Yesterday I experienced a case of bank fraud and other stuff. This week has been less than good.  This morning I woke up with  nausea but it has gotten better today as I have had lemon-ginger tea instead of cofeee. 

• Posted

Coffee can cause abdominal pain and laxative effects.   Nausea, diarrhoea/loose stools and abdominal pain can also occur with stress.  Hope you continue to feel better and the bank fraud gets sorted.
  • Posted

So I got my bank issue resolved and felt the best I have this week upon waking up. I had some mild nausea but had a banana, oatmeal, ginger tea, and some cut up fruit.  It seems I am getting progressively better as the week. Last night I did some relaxation and that seemed to help.

my only question is though is how I can tell the difference between a stomach ulcer, IBS, or gastritis.

My symptoms subside throughout the day and I feel perfectly normal when I go to bed. Plus I have no chest pain or any burning pain or anything like that.

Perhaps I am a hypochondriac that needs to stay off the internet smile

• Posted

Glad you are feeling better.  

IBS is a bowel complaint and pain focuses on your lower abdominal region in the main although some people get rib cage pain with IBS. Pain can be felt just about anywhere on the abdomen with IBS.   Pain tends to move about your abdomen and you will have change of bowel habit.

Gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining which causes nausea, rib cage pain and maybe vomiting.  Some get changes in stool colour with gastritis.  Ulcers cause nausea, intense pain, possible bleeding, pain when stomach is empty but relief when it is full.

• Posted

Oh ok. My worst fear is ulcer but I don't think  I have not.  I don't have any intense pain in the chest or abdomen but I do have nausea and it is mitigated when I eat something. I don't have any rib cage pain either. Cutting out coffee and substituting with ginger tea has worked wonders. I have a small iced coffee drink in the afternoon and that does not hurt my stomach at

I think it is most like stress and coffee induced IBS . My stool is a brownish color and there is no blood in it (sorry about TMI). 

What do you think?  It is getting less severe each day.

• Posted

It sounds more like a food intolerance than anything else if diet change has helped so rapidly.  If you have no abdominal pain, and no change of bowel habit, it sounds more food related.
  • Posted

Thank you for your response. I still had some nausea this morning but it has mostly gone away and now. My appetite has surged today.

What accounts for feeling nauseous in the morning but feeling better as the day goes by?. I had a little coffee this morning so I am wondering if that little amount upset it.

• Posted

Avoid coffee permanently since you think it upsets your stomach.   If you continue to get better without coffee, it would suggest coffee is the culprit.  However, if the nausea continues after staying off coffee, try a food diary to see if a food is the cause.  If that doesn't work, see a doctor.

• Posted

Thanks. I had a sandwich, broccoli and some probiotic yogurt for lunch and I feel fine now.  No nausea. It’s funny how it comes and goes. 
    • Posted

From what you have said, coffee seems to trigger nausea. Just stay off it and don't think about it too much. Sometimes stress and anxiety can cause nausea too.

• Posted

Oh ok. What is funny is that coffee always made go to the bathroom. I guess my stomach is telling me it doesn’t like it anymore.

But you’re right about the worrying part. I was talking to someone today and I didn’t feel bad at all. It’s like  I was more focused on the conversation than the nausea/bloating. 

• Posted

I have IBS and when it started, I noticed my pain was gone when I was enjoying myself but it came back once I started focusing on it again.
    • Posted

So I woke up this morning with no nausea what so ever. I had breakfast with no negative side effects. I guess it was stress related.
    • Posted

Stress can really upset your gut.  I try to write likericks about the things that have upset me.  Satirising the situation helps me to relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.