Coming off 2.5mg of olanzapine.

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi

I plan to come off as soon as possible as i need to lose weight for surgery.

I cannot get dissolvable tablets. My plan is to alternate 2.5 and 1.25 for 2 weeks then 1.25 for 2 weeks. If that goes well i will jump off then if not i plan to crush the tablets and eat the powder and alternate 1.25 and 0.6 ish for 2 weeks then 0.6 ish for 2 weeks then off.

I have only been on then nearly 5 months and although i think they help the weight gain is too much. I am on other meds which mean i will be getting totally meds free.

Any advice or experience welcome. What withdrawal symptoms can i expect ?

2 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would love to have never taken this pill too late now I got it for anxiety think he was wrong to give it to me for that

• Posted

Yes it does but I have not much of appatite don't know why doc said take one and half of olanzapine made me too tired and dopey back to one again

• Posted

Hi yes I did but when I came off them for 5 months same thing no appatite cause I came off too quickly think olanzapine makes me feel weird but sleep OK sorry I lost my appatite and was a bag of anxiety when my dog died he was 15 so doc put me on them

• Posted

Coming off. Olanzapine 2.5 been on it again one year tapered down since August nown on o. 6 since last week after one month will Goe to an eight for a month then alternate for a month then off

• Posted

I was on 10 mg of Olanzapine ,and I'm not kidding after a month of coming off that drug I lost 8 kg. I slimmed to 3XL Jacket size 2XL ,and now I can't eat a lot of food now ,and drink a lot of coffee any more. I used to drink 4 cups of coffee daily ,but I can't even drink more than two cups of coffee any more. Am I the only one?

• Edited

after a couple of months on 10mg, i came down to 2.5 for a couple of weeks, then quit.

on the second day i was starting to feel dizzy and nauseous.

after 2 weeks It got worse. at least the nausea. and on the 3rd week i was feeling better.

on week 4, I was extremely nauseous, and started to experience some stomach/backpain. I can't really locate the pain because I feel so nauseous all the time anyway.

now I'm on week 5, and it doesn't seem to get any better.

during all of these weeks, I have had multiple anxiety attacks, trouble sleeping and feel stressed most of the time.

if I didn't feel like puking every moment I'm awake, then this wouldn't be too bad, but at this point it's getting unbearable.

what's getting me through it, is reading the other comments, knowing I'm not the only one dealing with it and that it will go over.

• Posted

You have to battle on cut it down very slowly it has terrible side effects cause me heart problems hope it goes away I've been off it 3 months and was right down to an eight for weeks and still effects sleep get some herbal stuff anything but come off this horrible drug cardioligst said it gives palpatitons good luck

• Posted

I wish you all the best. It sounds like a good idea, i take 15mg of olanzapine and its a powerful drug that helps me sleep and oversleep. I can sleep 10 hours easily when taking olanzapine. All the best i do this from time to time, to ease the pressure of the drug. I take a lower dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.