Coming off blood thinners

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello

So today I'm coming off blood thinners but I'm very anxious about doing so. Can anyone give me some tips please

Thanks

James

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had bilateral pes in November 2016 and was on blood thinners for 6 months. Doctor took me off in may. Been on asprin and fish oil. Fish oil is a natural blood thinner and habe been fine since. I dont habe a blood clotting disorder. Howed you get yours. There not sure on mine.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply

I got mine while traveling Asia through long bus journeys and so on. Did the doctor tell you to go on aspirin?? I've all ways taken fish oil I eat healthy and exercise most days. I don't have a clotting disorder either.

• Posted

Ya doctor said asprin will give me piece of mind. Im overweight and trying to lose weight.
    • Posted

Please tell me you are doing fine now. 

Did you just switch over to aspirin from the blood thinner in one day? 

• Posted

Ya pretty much. I stopped blood thinners may 2017 and have been on baby aspirin since. When I take road trips I take a higher dose of aspirin says my pulmonologist but so far I've been ok. Hopefully I stay that way.

• Posted

hi ive been off riveroxaban for 12 months now i dont take any blood thinners at all and im fine so far
    • Posted

Good to know thank you. I just hear all these horror stories of people getting a clot when they come off blood thinners.
    • Posted

I want so badly to come off blood thinners and just take fish oil and aspirin!!! 

How do you Do this? Did you stop and the next day you took aspirin?  Or did you taper off 

• Posted

Hello

Just realized this was my post lol. I went to the doctors they ran tests to make sure I'm safe to come off the blood thinners if your told to stay on them then stay on them. I take asprin and cod liver every day I assume it's working I haven't had another clot

Thanks

• Posted

Hi James, 

Thank you. Once I learned that tennis star Serena Williams takes anticoagulants daily I calmed down and realize you can still be productive on them. Thank you for responding. I am so happy to hear you are doing good!!! 

• Posted

Hello

Hope all is well, I suppose as long as your lung isn't damaged there is nothing stopping you living a active life I still run most days can't run as far but I still run with no pain just out of breath quicker

Take care 😁

• Posted

James, 

Please tell me, how are you? What blood thinner were you on and How did the switch happen? Did you just one day was on the blood thinner and the next day you started baby aspirin? 

• Posted

I’m coming off blood thinners next week. Id love to hear advice as well. 
    • Posted

Hello

Hope all is well I'm well still have trouble with anxiety. I take cod liver oil and 75mg of aspirin eat fairly healthy exercise and keep moving around

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.