Coming off cocodomol 30/500 and ibuprofen & codeine 12.8mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have found a UK based online Dr that is willing to prescribe me codeiene phosphate tablets. My idea is to taper the dose myself  and replace the cocodomol 30/500 and Nurofen plus with these instead and come off them gradually. I can't go cold turkey, I've tried and the withdrawals are the most significant problem. My dr did this once before so I am going to follow the same tapering process. When I am down to 0mg I will ask my gp for a non opioid based strong pain killer for my 6 herniated spinal discs. It's going to cost overall far less than I am spending on packets of Nurofen plus. Feeling very determined to do this for good his time.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Latchy. How are you this morning? Did you sleep ok? 
    • Posted

Hi Matron. Slept brilliantly. Been to Drs and all stocked up. Had to lie to get my next 6 weeks of meds. Feeling relieved now though.

• Posted

So pleased you slept well, I know you were worried about that. Don't blame you for telling a few porkies to get your meds though. We've all done it. Take care 
  • Posted

Have you tried to speak to your own doctor about a drug therepy programme to get off the codiene I've read through the chat but got confused by online doctors as for me that's opening a can of worms.I had battled a long time with codiene addiction and not had codiene since the 13th of January due to a drug therepy programme and honestly I haven't had an easy time with this new medication but I wouldn't look at codiene twice now since I've managed this long. Longest I've been off codiene in 8 years. I hope you find relief from the withdrawl soon as it's a horrible thing
    • Posted

Hi Nicola. I came off codeine once before on a rehabilitation programme, unfortunately I started taking it again when my back was so painful. My Dr just gives me 112 tablets every fortnight. I hate this addiction and wished there was a strong none opioid painkiller that worked. I'm determined to come off it this time by tapering my dose like I did in rehab.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.