Coming off Meds on own

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, so this is my 5th night without taking my meds (30mg mirtazapine) good or bad idea?

I've wondered for a while now if they have any or very little effect, so made the decision to stop taking them to test the theory, At the moment i feel no better or worse but wondering if maybe it can take a while to get out of my system?

Any advice? Has anyone just decided on their own to do the same? Go cold turkey? I've not consulted my doctor as im sure he would advise that it's not the best idea but like I say I honestly don't think they are really helping, so why keep pumping myself with pills that don't work? X

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im Guessing all must be good as we havent heard of any thing going wrong ? Hope doctor was supportive
  • Posted

just to update...it's been 2 weeks??

Still feel the same as when I was taking them, not suffered side effects, had a couple of days of stomach pains and one day when head was all over the place, nearly lost it! But whether that's related to stoping the meds I don't know?

Haven't consulted my doctor but beggining to think I was right all along, so now I'm deciding whether to wait a couple of weeks and ask my doctor to maybe try me on something else or whether to stay of all meds completely? The latter seems more appealing x

• Posted

If your coping ( and only you know that, and if you lie your only liying to yourself ) then the best approach is to train your self to cope and move on , if your as bad as you were whilst on the mirtazapine then its questionable as to what you should do 
    • Posted

oh I'm not saying I'm coping, just that I feel exactly the same as when I were taking them, so if im going to feel like this on or off them then isn't it better to not take them? X

Does that make sense? X

• Posted

Personally, and its only my opinion  I would ride the wave but dont ride it so close as to start gettting into a dark place again.

You need to know in your own mind when your going to get help and keep to it, if your worried you flag and not keep it then let someone know whats going on so they can keep an eye out for you and contact  your doctor if need be. Its got to be someone you trust implicity as they in essence will call your doctor and you only want that if you going down hill.

• Posted

Hows things today ? YOu thought anymore about see doc or just continuing without
    • Posted

Have you spoken with doctor or counsellor so they know you're doing it just in case there are any issue. You need to ensure that, probably more so as a single mum. Take all the support you can get.
  • Posted

i'm so so sorry I didn't mean that, so Sorry, ignore me xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.