Coming off mirtazapine

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi. Been taking 15mg at night for about six weeks and I've decided that anti-depressants just aren't for me. I'm looking for advice on how to taper off without having withdrawl symptoms. Thanks in advance. 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My gp has put me on a 3 week withdrawal from 30mg ... Going from 30 to 0 in this time... I'm very worried this is too quick... My gp has told me to go from 15 every other day to 0... I'm thinking of going to 7.5 and then to 3.75... Does anyone agree? Or does anyone think I'm over reacting?

Thoughts please

Thanks ;-) x

• Posted

I went from 15mg to 7.5 for two weeks, then3.75 for ten days and apart from vivid dreams first night I reduced dose, and trouble getting to sleep when I completely stopped had no problem
    • Posted

I had that when was starting Citalopram (amongst a host of other side effects).  Believe the medical term is Paresthesia (sometimes helps to know what you're experiencing is a recognised symptom).
    • Posted

Right, but I cant explain the burning...

And why ONLY after 3 months ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.