Coming off mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on day 5 since i took my last dose (7.5mg) of mirtazapine. I have gradually begun to feel a bit rubbish but nothing worse than a mild flu feeling so far. This may of course change. But one bonus is I've lost 4lb of the 21lb i put on during the 6 months i was on mirt. So yay!!! I will keep this post updated with withdrawal progress. But surviving so far. ❤️

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Gill, I wish you the best. I came off 7.5, and it has been 12 wks, and at times I have thought that I would die. So if you get off easy, then count yourself blessed. Godspeed to you!
    • Posted

how long had you been taking mirtazapine for before you came off it?..i hope you feel better soon and i hope i do get off easy.. smile
    • Posted

Gill, 8 years total, 7 at 45mg, 1 at 7.5mg, off cold turkey.
    • Posted

yeah, it seems the worst withdrawal comes from taking it for a long time.. i was only on it 6 months so fingers crossed i'll get away with it.. i hope you improve soon.
  • Posted

Hi Gill I have had awful insomnia since coming off and gave in a couple of times over last three weeks. Took a 15 mg in middle of week two and three but i am determined I am not doing that again. I was so tempted last night but had to think of the reasons why I want off it. I want my life back not to become reliant on an tablet. Only withdrawal I have had apart from itchy skin but that has gone away what are your withdrawals?
    • Posted

hi susansasha, i'm the same as you, i want off them and want my life back, i don't really care how bad i feel as i know it wont last, so far all iv'e had is flu like symptoms, bit shivery and headachy and genery a bit under the weather.. nothing too serious as yet. good luck with your withdrawal. hopfully you wont need to take any more. x
  • Posted

great news Gill stick with it ive found the insonmia is the worst thing ive been off them a month now hardly sleeping at all but loving the fact im not eating everything sweet in the house that was so bizarre didnt like it at all...good luck
    • Posted

i agree, not craving food is a massive bonus.. i hope you get some sleep soon.. it's not affected my sleep (yet). i hope it doesn't but we'll see.. just have to keep plodding on. wink 
    • Posted

Hey Susansasha not great dont feel tired at all!!! no sleep for about 3 days now..hope it settles soon i look like the walking dead!!  
    • Posted

Hi Lesley. My sleep is all over the place too. Some nights no sleep. I manage a few last night. Other nights a couple of hours. I get so anxious at night. I hope u get some rest soon. I have tried everything from chamomile tea, lavendar, nytol. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Lesley I didn't sleep at all last night getting really frightened. Does sleep ever return? X
    • Posted

was having trouble thats why my dr put me on them in first place now no sleep for days now i have stopped unfortunately xx
    • Posted

Could it be rebound insomnia. I was having trouble too but was having bad heart palpitations from stress that's why couldn't sleep. Slept well all my life before that. How many hours do u get?
    • Posted

Not great but trying to get through. Praying it will return. I slept fine before. It is a withdrawal symptom isn't it? Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.