Coming off mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on day 5 since i took my last dose (7.5mg) of mirtazapine. I have gradually begun to feel a bit rubbish but nothing worse than a mild flu feeling so far. This may of course change. But one bonus is I've lost 4lb of the 21lb i put on during the 6 months i was on mirt. So yay!!! I will keep this post updated with withdrawal progress. But surviving so far. ❤️

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gill

It might be worth me mentioning that wd kicks in between 2 to 3 weeks and that jumping off at 7.5 is quite high (see David's reply).  Folk on here, as you can see from other discussions, recommend weaning off over quite a few months from 7.5.

Anyway, we are all different, but if you were unlucky, and I'm praying you are not, and feel quite ill bear in mind the option of going back to 7.5 and weaning very very slowly.

Wishing you a safe and happy decent, and wonderful SLEEP! x

• Posted

thank you calmer, there are so many peoples journeys on here and i have read quite a few of them and you are right they all say wean off very slowly, but a lot i have read have weaned off really slowly and still suffered withdrawal after, i just think that if you're going to feel ill anyway i might as well just get it out of the way, also most of the people who seem to suffer really badly are those that have been taking it for years..i only took it for 6 months so i'm hoping to escape the horridness.. i have 2 friends that both came off MT after 6 months and just stopped dead from 30mg,one only got a headache for 4 days and the other just felt like he had flu for a week straight after stopping, no delayed withdrawal in either of them.. but everyone is different so i can't do anymore than see what happens. but i won't go back on it no matter how bad i feel i will just ride it out cos taking it again means i'm only delaying the withdrawal anyway.. i know it sounds stubourn, but i guess i'm just hoping i don't suffer and wont need to go back to it.. but i'll never say never just in case..and thank you i hope my decent is a smooth one..xx
  • Posted

I hope all goes well, it would be great if you could keep us posted past the 3 to 4 week mark especially, it's not very often we get to hear the good stuff !!  I suppose only the people who are suffering the worst wd are on this forum.

Wishing you well x

• Posted

that's it, if you feel fine why post about, where as feeling bad means you look for the support. it would be nice to read some positive stuff too.. no wonder people are scared to come if when all they read are horror story's and warnings.. so yeah, i'll keep this post updated for the next few weeks. as of today though i feel so much better than yesterday.. so i'm hooing the withdrawal has peaked, but we'll see.. xx
  • Posted

Is it definitely a withdrawal symptom? My doc said can take six weeks to normalise. Have u slept at all? X
    • Posted

Susan, you can tell your doctor that I was at 6 weeks 6 weeks ago, now starting 13. Nobody has a clue. It is what it is, and it takes what it takes, everyone's body is different and any guess is just that, a guess. If you tell someone a certain time, and then they still feel bad when that time has come and gone, it just adds anxiety to a situation that already has too much. Just my opinion. Godspeed to you all! David
    • Posted

i agree david, my 2 friends only felt ill after stopping for a few days others on here have been weeks and weeks, but it's down to your own body, how long you have been on it etc... you just have to go with it and hope for the best.. dr's don't seem to have any clue about side effects, withdrawal i'm sure they all just make it up as they go along, but to answer your question susansasha i'm sleeping just fine, in fact i'm sleeping better now than i did on MT. but i never had an issue with sleep in the first place. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.