Coming off Mirtazapine after 3 weeks

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I've been on Mirtazapine for 3 weeks (2 weeks at 15mg, 1 week at 30mg). I've decided to come off them as they are making me feel terribly fatigued and giving me jumpy legs when in bed at night. I was planning on cutting back down to 15mg for one week, and then perhaps another week at 7.5mg and then just stopping. Do you think that would be the best plan of action to minimise any withdrawal symptoms? Or should I look at coming off them more quickly? 

Also I was wondering if i'm still likely to experience increased sedative effects at the lower doses even after being on a higher dose?

Any advice much appreciated! 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kris do yourself a favour and cut down before you stop, I've come off twice after long term with hardly any withdrawals this time was on a week and it's been horrendous but I went cold turkey

• Posted

Thanks Toria. Maybe I should try 15mg for a week, then 7.5 for another week, and then down to 3.75 for a week. 
    • Posted

Yes definitely kris I'd hate for anyone else to have to go through this, taper is the best way to go, good luck and keep us updated 😊

• Posted

can you do 3.75? how would you do that? cut the tiny half in half? didn't even think of that...

• Posted

I have been on mirtazapine for 3 weeks, first at 7.5 than 15mg for the last 10 days . want to stop taking it. my doctor told me to just stop...no worries, no withdrawals, I don't believe him. took 7.5 the last 2 nights and I guess I will take it tonight too, then what should I do? I hate it.

• Posted

i just wondered how you got on? i'm coming off after 3 weeks too. i dont want to take it again really but i know i shouldnt just stop!

• Posted

hi i have been on mirtazipine for a year now but causing intense itching so doc told me to stop dead but i refused so he told me to cut down from30mg to 15mg overnight for a week then stop which i think is very risky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.