Coming off Mitazapine 15mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been on this for 7 days, and i'm done this drug is a nightmare, so far it is causing:

Chest pain

Dizziness (more than usual)

Visual Disturbances (more than usual)

Blurred Vision (more than usual)

Pain in Muscles (mainly Leg and Chest)

No energy (walk slowly as well as talking slowly)

Weight Gain

Bad Diarrhea

No improvement on sleep

Bad Dry Mouth

No energy (worse than usual)

Grogginess

Anxiety (really bad)

Making my depression worse.

Muscle Cramps

I have not found any good points to this drug, so any advice on how to quit it, should I half the tablets because I am sure my doctor will tell me I can just stop, but they know crap about the drugs they prescribe.

**So, I need useful advice, problem is I only have the 15mg tablets, **not sure if I can get the 7.5mg tablets in the UK, I can ask I guess, but I definitely want off this drug, before I get used to it and its more of a nightmare to come off.

Not sure why when you have anxity and depression your Doctor puts you on a drug that makes it all worse, what a stupid idea - I did the same with Citalopram it was awful and I just came off it.

Medication does not agree with me ever, just makes me feel crapper all the time.

Any advice would be great, or will it not be that bad after 7 days?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

just want to tell my story, ive been on mirt 3 times, coming off cold turkey twice after years on it and fully recovered, the last time i was only on it 8 days and had horrendous withdrawals that lasted 5 months! it may not be like that for you but please be careful x

• Posted

I personally think you could just stop after such a short time, but are you going back to the doctor to try a different anti-depressant?? Like you I took it Mirt before Christmas for a few days. Such a shame it wasn't Halloween because I could have roamed the streets as a very credible Zombie!! Yep, that's the wonderful (not!) effect it had on me. I could hardly hold a conversation without falling asleep; it was horrendous so I stopped taking it (15 mg). I didn't have any bad effects from doing this but obviously everyone is different.We can all share our own well-intentioned advice on here but we aren't medically qualified (I'm not convinced my doctor is either!)

Good luck.

• Posted

I was going to at maximum give this drug 4 weeks then if its not working im off it tapering it, does this seem fair to people, as at the moment I think its making me feel worse not better.

I really hate the ways GP's dont get the crap they prescribe to patients and give you crap advice, I really do not trust any of GP's they are awful people.

• Posted

ive cut the pill in 1/2 so im on 7.5mg - gonna try that for a couple of weeks, see how I feel

Then its one week of one day on one day off, then another week of 2 days off one day on then i will stop them.

awful drug like the last one.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.