Coming off olanzapine(zyprexa)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys I have just started 2.5 mg olanzapine 2 months ago for insomnia and I am having side effects like difficulty in concentrating and weight gain. I want to taper this drug and need your advice on it since you all have a lot of experience than a doctor who just prescribes this horrible drug for any small symptoms.So please guys guide me so that I can taper it off slowly.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Vikas,

You should cut your 2.5 mg tab in half for one month then cut it into fourths and take a fourth of the tab for a month then you can go off of it. you have not been on that long so it should be fairly easy. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.