scales

Posted , 7 users are following.

How is everyone doing this lovely sunny Saturday? 

After the disappointment of my first weigh in I took the step of removing the batteries from my scales. 

I was weighing myself 3-4 times a day and was becoming a little obsessive over the fluctuation of a measly lb.

I have uped my water intake as noticed during the week I wasn't drinking as much (its hard in my job having to run out mid procedure and my boss was getting a little agitated by it)

So I explained the situation to her as id kept this totally secret and she is more understanding now.

However now im concerned I don't know how im doing. 

Ive stopped my gym membership due to money and I think I may start SW still saying some money. 

Guess what im asking is how many times do you weigh yourself a week? 

Hiw have you combated becoming obsessive over this xxx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am not weighing myself at all. Just waiting for the monthly Dr weigh in. My scales would come up with a different result and I would be then upset. 

I like the anticipation plus losing 8lbs in a month sounds so much better than 2lbs each week! But that might just be me smile 

X

• Posted

8 defo sounds better im just worried that come week 2 I won't have lost and by knowing this ill b able to change it for the last 2.

Were all different I know.  Just desperate for these to work xx

• Posted

Hi Claire 

our scales at home don't work - thankfully!! I go to get weighed by the nurse every 2 weeks which seems to work well for me 

good luck x

• Posted

I tjink 2 weeks is much better than 1. I might ask if I can do that at my next appointment.  Thanks for the idea xx
    • Posted

I know some people get weighed montly at their doctors - every other week for me works a I seem to stay focused better that way 
  • Posted

Hia Claire, I was weighing myself every day, but  now I can feels he weight dropping off I do it weekly as it's a much nicer surprise lol, I wouldn't bother with the gym - in the words of the great lee Evans ..' Walk/run to the gym, put tour hands on the counter and run/walk home again,£10 saved lol

I bought a treadmill (I have arthritis) and most days I do 3/4 miles wit her on that or out walking. As long as your eating correctly and moving your body you're going to lose weight, not necessarily pounds and ounces but inches! I was mortified when after 3 weeks I stopped losing , my son suggested I measurements and it's much better! 

Good luck on your journey xxx 

• Posted

Well done on knowing the weight is coming off. Feel like ill never get to that stage atm.

I go walking and cycling. 

I feel I should have lost more already as have quite a lot to lose. 

Some days are harder than others.  This has been a hard day lol.xx

• Posted

I weigh myself each morning but I actually go by the scales at the gym. So when I want to know a 'true' weight I have to get up early and go to gym before I eat/drink

you dont need a gym membership but brisk walking each day can be helpful along the way to ensure you dont end up saggy as you loose the weight.

Perhaps an exercise dvd for rainy days or just 10 mins with an exercise ball -it all helps ands burns calories

• Posted

Thanks for the reply husky. Yes all very good advice. 

Im just worried that I won't lose enough and the dr will take me off of them.  Then I know I will go back to old habits because ive not beat those cravings yet x

• Posted

never had a set of scales and never will. I get weighed at the Doctors. If i had a set of scales i would be forever obsessing over how much the scales said i was i think people can get a bit nutty about it like weighing when they get up before they go to the toilet after they have been etc... the only thing is does is drain you and make you in a depressed mood if it doesn't say what you want it to.

i will agree with @shelagh about measurements i wish i had taken mine when i started.

I also agree with @lily i was about to say the same as her about knowing what you had lost each month rather than every week that's one of the things i don't like about slimming clubs plus why would i want to pay to get weighed? i know everyone is different and if it works for them then great

Britney

X

• Posted

Thanks Britney. 

I go on bike rides and walks along the sea front.  Normally about 5 or 6 mile.

My job is sedatry im sat pretty much most of the day but its mentally draining and I find when I get home im too darn tired. But force myself atleast twice a week to either get on my bike or go for a long walk. 

That exactly what I was doing which is why I have removed the batteries. But now I'm worried I won't know I haven't lost until weight in day and by then its too late to alter something ie water less kcal more exercise. 

I've never been so obsessive about anything and youre spot on it is draining. 

Feeling a little deflated today for some reason xx

• Posted

Claire any Exercise is good Exercise even if it is just housework or 100 squats every day/2days. I do 250+ a day but i had one rest day this week.

Don't get deflated don't let the scales rule you!

Britney

X

• Posted

Unfortunately I have problems with my jiints mainly knees which makes squats hard. But I will try up the amount I do thanks again x
  • Posted

My job is draining and I find the winter tough - I have found taking vitamin D3 & magnesium life changing . essential yet little is promoted about UK residents to take suppliments as we just don't get enough due to our weather

vitamin d & magnesium need to be taken together

• Posted

I take a multi vitamin every night. Im also on an anti depressant which I haven't taken for a week think that has some kind of magnesium im sure I read that somewhere but I will look into it.  Thank you for the advice x
    • Posted

Its defo worth researching but I can only go by my own experience

Stress depletes vit D from your body. So when your stressed you need higher amounts. The Vit D in multi vits are quite low (up to 1000) but you can take up to 10.000

When I took high levels of vit D along with 400mg of magnesium citrate my goodness my energy level rose. I've now reduced vit D as it's in my system and it's been sunny but will increase over winter

Taking magnesium baths (Epsom salts) is sooo relaxing, thought to help with detox & helps to raise magnesium through skin absorption. It also helps with going to the loo too

I have 3 a wk (no bubble bath just the salts)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.