Orlistat newbie, diet suggestions needed please

Posted , 33 users are following.

Hello to whoever reads this,

I'm new to Orlistat and am due to take my first dose in the morning. What kind of diet food do you eat? I'm quite a fussy eater so it would really help to see what you all eat. 

Also what kind of results have you seen and how were the first few days? I'm terrified about the side effects.

Thank you to anyone who replys 

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't eat much diet food I have had advise from here and if u keep the fat under 5g per 100g ul b fine per item I eat beans bread potatos (weight them) meat (alot of chicken)  and lean meats salad veg fruit I o lying drink flavours sparkling water now and ul b amazed at how much u can eat 
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I meant healthy foods as opposed to diet food.

Good job I've got some scales, sounds like lots of weighing

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum Soph :-)

There is no need to be terrified hun, nothing will happen as long as you keep a keen eye on your fat intake. You will have to read the labels on various foods and keep to 15 grams of fat per 100 grams each meal and 45 grams per day in total.

"If " you are not eating a meal with any fat, you do not need to take the Orlistat, you do not have to eat the whole amount of 15grams in each meal, but you cannot carry it over into the next meal.

Some have had huge weight losses in the first week, others not. Personally I only get weighed by my GP each month and do not get on the scales at home. Everyone is different in their approach to this, other than not going over the 15gram pr 100gram rule. I you do you will have a bad experience in the WC in the form of orange oil.

Britney is one of our members in the forum, I am sure she will share her Orlistat blo with you if you ask her. It is full of hints and tips for those new to this, she has gone from size 24 to a size 12 in just over a year! A real star in my humble opinion. smile

Good luck with your new way of eating, it will all make sence to you as the days move on.  Try to touch base with the forum each day if you get a bit lost or confused, someone will always be able to answer your questions.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank you so much Daisy for such an in depth response. My Dr didn't explain any of it.

I'm sure I'll be visiting the site on a regular basis to  see what everyone's doing and posting my progress. 

Wow the member did well, same size as me so there's hope. 

Thank you again. Good luck with your journey 

Sophie x

• Posted

"5g of fat per 100g 15g per meal"

I lost nearly 4 stone in 4 months smile good luck

• Posted

Thanks for everyone's reply.

I'm getting really quite unsure on this, after reading the reviews online alot say it hasn't worked for them and caused them quite discomfort.

Also the thought of any bowel accident especially when I'm doing my new exercise routine which includes alot of swimming. 

Do you only have accidents if you don't stick to the plan?

• Posted

I tried orlistat a few years ago and I wasn't given any information and just expected it to work whilst eating the same food which was mainly takeaways and I had the orange oil side effects. From what Iv read on here for the past 2 n half weeks I'd say you would be very unlucky to get side effects if you stick by those rules and also read that you should switch to a low fat diet a few days before taking them as you could get the side effects from any excess fat left in your system but I read that after I started taking them and I was ok!!! 
  • Posted

If you eat right you will be fine. I will PM you my Blog xx
    • Posted

Hi. I'm about to start Orlistat. Could you pm me your blog please? Thanks x
    • Posted

Could you please let me know this too? Would be really helpful as I started today smile

• Posted

Please could you PM me your blog too as i'm due to start this week.

thanks,

• Posted

Hi there, I am a newbie and struggling for meal ideas, can you please pm me ur blog? Thanks 
    • Posted

Britney Spears thank you so much for the link to your blog. I can't wait to read it and I am very grateful...
    • Posted

Hi i'm new to orlistat (been on it nearly a week) but i'm struggling 2 find foods that fill me up & are low in fat - please can u send me the link to your blog i need all the help can get xx

• Posted

Hi, it's some time ago now you posted but hopefully you are still connected and you can post me your blog. Many thanks

• Posted

Britney are you still on here?? If so please pm me your blog cheers xx
    • Posted

HI Britney, my GP has just put me on these tablets, and I need help, I'm 18 stone, could you email me x

• Posted

Thank you so much for offering this help. Would you please send me the link to your blog .  Thanks 
    • Posted

Hi.. Hope you dont mind me asking but could you email me your blog too please. Well done on such an amazing weight loss too!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.