Endometrial cancer - what were your symptoms?

Posted , 147 users are following.

Women with endometrial cancer have a variety of symptoms that differ between individual women, and, after diagnosis, many women wish they had acted earlier on something they thought was irrelevant.

If you have been diagnosed with endometrial cancer, please feel free to contribute your symptoms to this discussion, so that others reading this might get an earlier diagnosis.

12 likes, 227 replies

227 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i haven't been diagnosed...yet. i am 36 years old and have experienced many of the symtoms spoke of i am guessing for a number of years. the irregular bleeding, pelvic pain, discharge, and lately the frequent urination and bm. at 19 i bled heavily for a few weeks passing 6-8 cm clots and very few times since. i went to the emergency room with extreme lower adominal pain in 2010. pelvic exam and ultrasound was done. at the time was informed of a small pocket of infection and a cyst. given perscription and sent on my way. on 9-19-2016 i bled again as worse as when 19. went to hospital 9-27 and another ultrasound in addition to biopsy done. informed during ultrasound lining was thick and images hazy and that uterus was size of 3 month pregnancy ~15 cm. biospy-abnormal precancerous cells present but not enough of a sample to gleen anything more. will have 2nd biospy hysteroscopy d&c? on 11-8. i love such positivity here and sad to mar it. i am such a low point. for the kids i never had and at this point with possible treatment options never will. and feel as if i have no outlet even though i've told my immediate family and love of my life tentatively what is happening. i hate to disturb them more with this anguished anticipation of worst case scenario i am gravitating toward from all the time that passed for lack of courage and heavy on denial not to mention history of various cancers in my family. please please please don't wait or brush it off. be diligent as i have not been. best wishes to everyone!

• Posted

Hello Tren!

I'm 34 years old I also been having issues. I have 3 kids all by c-section. In august I noticed I got two periods. The first one was the "normal" except it felt like I was having a baby. 2 weeks laters I got another one and it lasted about another 2 weeks! September my period came in the middle of the month which is odd cause I only get it at the beginning. I just thought my cycle changed, but It also lasted about another 2weeks! That's what made me schedule an appointment. I had a pap done which came back normal. My ob sent me to have a ultrasound done and it came back saying I fibrosis, a cyst and a small mass in the Endormetrisis. So now they want to do a biopsy that I'm scheduled to do in December. But the doctor want to talk to me on the 21st of November. Just the wait have me nervous! Was your process this long? I'm wondering what does he want to talk about...

• Posted

from September when I first went to a general doctor to November (11-8) was my hysteroscopy. it seemed like forever. I was in a total panic. there was a twist in my case though. I started off at one facility where they did an ultrasound and biopsy (10-17) nerve racking because it was more resident students in the room than doctors (I was like is this normal for such a biopsy?) and the one working on me count find an ovary and called in another one...so after that experience I was already nervous. so doctor called me 10-21 saying the results were normal then called me back that next day saying they weren't normal. I went in for a face to face and from jump he asked me how I felt about a hysterectomy and wanted to schedule right away. wanted to run more tests to make sure I didn't have cancer already? (I don't know what those would entail) ugh I'm like wait a minute did he even have the right chart. it was a different answer 24 hours ago. He was very matter of fact very clinical. I get it he sees it every day but this was a shock to my system. i don't even recall what else he said after that. After I left, from the parking lot I called the other hospital which had a brand new women's health wing that just opened up and had wait list for appointments but the person I spoke to got me in on day 1 opening. records transferred and spoke with people who calmed me down a great deal and really explained what they saw and confirmed (complex hyperplasia with atypia) and was scheduled for the hysteroscopy just weeks later. The size mass was about 5 cm. I was told the rest of the lining looked good and told me to make an appointment in a year but I still don't feel right about. an infection persists and I am still not bleeding normally. not too much since the surgery. so I made another appointment...another waiting game.

• Posted

Hi everyone, I just did a big post & lost it 🙄

Apologies if it turns up and I'm duplicating. This is a great thread and I've learned a lot but could really do with some advice.

I am nearly 58 & 18 months ago I had a post menopausal bleed. After being under the hospital for ten months. I had vaginal ultrasound, hysteroscopy under GA as they couldn't get even the teeniest scope into my womb as the walls had Collapsed and fused together. I was finally discharged earlier this year with a diagnosis of atrophy.

I've recently had quite a gush of bright red blood with a bit of cramps pain. Is this really atrophy? Would you go back if you were me?

• Posted

Ps ... I'm also suffering from pretty bad bloating, it comes and goes but when it's bad I can't wear my jeans & have to wear stretchy pants or leggings . Thanks in advance for any advice xxx

• Posted

I have just had sex after 16 years and have just started to bleed with dark brown blood and clots.I did notice that sex was quite painful also.I am entering menopause and only had a period a week ago.should i be concerned.
  • Posted

Can someone please give me some advice! I'm sitting here sobbing in pain and I don't know what else to do. I'm 21 and I have a 15 month old disabled daughter. At 29W2D into my pregnancy I lost my mucus plug, began bleeding, and started leaking amiotic fluid. I have since had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago. I have PCOS but am otherwise healthy. I have been bleeding since I lost my mucus plug with my daughter and she is now 15 months old! I have been having extremely painful bleeding for 16 months straight. I have only stopped a few times for no more than 3 days. I have been in extreme pain. I have been extremely fatigued, dizzy, nauseous, had pelvic pain, watery discharge..ect. any time I have stopped bleeding for a couple days and have had sex with my husband during that time it is extremely painful and I begin to bleed immediately. I also have cervix pain so bad that it makes me just scream and I feel pressure. I have been to the OB and hospital repeatedly and they have done a vag exam and tested for stds (which I knew I didn't have anyway bc I have only been with my husband for 6 years) and they came back normal. But 3.5 weeks ago they did a transvaginal ultrasound that showed my endometrial lining was 18.5mm thick. I asked if I could have endometriosis too and he said no I do not but that the lining should not be so thick so he put me on the pill and said he wants me back in 8 weeks for another ultrasound to see if it has decreased any. Well everything that I have read has pointed to endometrial cancer and I still am bleeding terribly and am in do much pain that I don't know what to do. NO one will help me and I'm just getting worse. The doc said I'm too young for that type of cancer that it doesn't happen until 40+ and that it's just my PCOS probably acting up but he said my cysts are fine and I actually have less and they are smaller so this doesn't make any since. And he said there is nothing he can do to stop the bleeding if the pill doesn't help. Shouldn't he do a biopsy of something regardless of my age because of all of these symptoms and pain I'm going through and that my lining is really thick??? Any advice please

• Posted

I am 23 and youhim description describes what I am going through to a T. I am in extreme pain all of the time I have been bleeding almost 60 day, one super plus tampon an hour, I also have pcos but I feel this is something more. I have been to hospitals drs and no one will listen to me, only do a pelvic exam and one pelvic ultrasound and they say im gine.. when I know im not, did you get any help?
    • Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear what you been through. Could I suggest you get a second opinion from another hospital gynae? Normally if there is abnormal bleeding especially with uterus wall thickening, Doctor should do d&c and would send tissue for biopsy. Request for hysteroscopy and d&c.

Hope you get well soon

• Posted

Hello I've just read your post I know it was along time ago .I hope you don't mind me asking what your outcome was as I have been going through the same problem .I'm in pain everyday for the last 3 months .heavy bleeding and thickened lining of endometrium .many thanks

• Posted

Hi ladies. I am a 36 year old woman that has been having ongoing issues. I have spent more than 2 years arguing with gynos that something is not right. I bleed very heavily (3-4 pacKS of 48 count super ultra overnight pads) in a 14 day stretch. Then I stop bleeding for about three days, then spot for three weeks nonstop with pink fleshy pieces in it. Then get my period again. I finally found a dr that listened to me and saw me within days if me calling his nurse. They did a pelvic exam, during that they did a transvaginal ultrasound because the amount of pain was not normal. Next thing I knew I was being sent to the hospital for emergency blood work and MRI. While waiting for the MRI my nurse calls and says they received my bloodwork and the dr wants to see me Tuesday (this was Friday and Mondays they are not open). I have also experienced severe dizziness, nausea, vomitting, and intermittent fevers as high as 103.5. I have started having gushes of clear fluid no odor at random times. My follow up appointment my dr said I was anemic and he wants to do a D&C with hysterscope, and a laporoscopy with bilateral fallopian tube removal. He told me have fibroids and polyps, and suspects adenomyosis and endometriosis. Then hands me all sorts of paperwork asking if needed during my surgery I consent to hysterectomy. I get home and let it sink in for a few days and decide to look at my online patient access. That's when I started panicing.... There is the diagnosis of uterine sarcoma. I immediately called my dr and stared asking a million questions. The answer I received was that they are unable to tell at this time if the diagnosis is accurate and need to do the procedures first. My surgery is December 12th and my health is rapidly declining as my pain is rapidly increasing. Do I in fact have cancer?

• Posted

Hi ladies!

I have not been officially diagnosed as yet, but my risk factors are worrisome to me.

I will be 60 years old in two weeks. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 42 and had a lumpectomy, 6 months of chemo, 7 1/2 weeks of radiation and took Tamoxifen for 5 years. My first period was at age 11. Menopause was at age 53. At my last exam my gynecologist said he "felt something hard" and ordered a transvaginal ultrasound. The results showed a thickened endometrial lining at almost 8mm, a thick "stripe" and fluid in my uterus. I saw the pictures and I could see the fluid easily. He then ordered an endometrial biopsy, which was done this morning. After he was done, he said to he nurse "look at this schmutz". Schmutz??!! WTH?! Lol

He said it looked like mucous and the mucous could be from taking the tamoxifen. This is going to be a long week waiting for the results. Based on my risk factors, i don't have a good feeling about this at all. 😢

I have always been fit and am now so bloated my pants are I comfortable. 4 years ago I weighed 113...I am now 138!

I have not had any bleeding since menopause. It's been at least 18 months since I have had sex...but when I did, it was painful. (I always associated the pain with not having sex on a regular basis.)

I'll be honest...I am more than a little nervous and scared...given my history.

• Posted

Aaaaa, want to send you my love and hugs. You can always write to me if you want just say ...anything! I will always try to find right words for you.

Blessings

• Posted

What should I be asking my doctor to test for ? I've been having watery blood streaked discharge for over a year. 9 months ago I went to my gyn and he did ultrasound and pap. Said all was fine. Since then the bloody discharge is worse. Every day I have some form of pink tinged , bright red blood of brown blood. Some days, a random clot will come out. My periods are ridiculously heavy ( have been for past 5 years) recently so heavy I've had to leave work early some months as I bled thru Tampons and pads and thru my pants . Constant pelvic pain on left side and Id swear im a little abdominal bloated . I just don't know when I go back to doc. What do I push to have tested ?

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

Please consult or get a second opinion. Bleeding or discharge non-stop is one of the symptoms of endometrial cancer. Doctor could do a hysterscopy to view your uterus lining and remove some tissues for lab test. He/she would then start you on hormone pills (such as Provera) to control of stop bleeding. He/she may recommend a jab to stop bleeding if you are bleeding badly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.