Overactive Thyroid Graves Part 4

Posted , 60 users are following.

We all have Graves Disease or overactive thyroid issues, most of us have been through RAI and are now on thyroxine.

10 likes, 1228 replies

1228 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello everyone

Just a quick update , been to see the endo today and had my bloods took Monday. My levels are little bit better T4 14.7 , T3 2.8 , TSH 63 . He's upped my tablets to 125mgs every day .

He wants me to have bloods done every four weeks now for the next four months.

All I want to do is sleep . I don't have any energy at all . I told him about my doctors not being helpful so he's said I can carry on seeing him .

I will try and catch up with posts later .

Take care Deb xx

• Posted

Deb,

Your TSH is really high, you are certainly under active, no wonder all you want to do is sleep!

The highest my TSH got to was 50 and I was literally crawling to the Doctor for my Thyroxine prescription.

Hopefully the increase in your tablets will soon help.

It's good they are doing your bloods every 4 weeks.

Take care,

Kat x

• Posted

Hello everyone.

Sue, how are you doing on the armour? Have you got more energy? How's your little grandson doing, our family are due back from holiday tomorrow. We're looking forward to seeing them.

Maria, sorry about your mum, I hope she's better soon. Hospital visiting is very tiring, even when the hospital is close. You must be worn out with all the travelling. Try to get some rest when you can.

Kat, I'm glad you're feeling better. When I was anaemic I didn't realise just how ill I'd felt until the iron started to work and I got my energy back. You'll be looking forward to your holiday.

Hi Deb. You should feel better soon now your endo has increased your tablets. You'll feel better seeing the endo, at least he'll know what he's doing. rolleyes

Hi Bess. I hope you're ok. I'm still getting the auras, they're coming in clusters. I went to see my GP today for my blood results, and I mentioned it to him. He said I could go on preventative treatment. I'm not very keen, but he said to think it over. He said I could either go on Propranolol or another drug that's an antidepressant but prevents migraine.

There's also Botox. It would be good if I had that done, not only would it prevent the migraine, but I'd look like I'd been airbrushed. lol If I do decide to have treatment I'll go for the Propranolol as I had no side effects when I took it before.

My T4 and TSH are in the normal range again after changing my thyroxine dosage a month ago. I have to have my bloods done every four weeks for a while.

Thinking of everyone. Barry, are you OK?

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

Hi all, just a quick post, haven't been on for a while as on the 10th May, I stupidly had a heart attack ! Had been cutting the grass and felt dizzy, sweaty and ill. No chest pain or palpitations. Was in hospital for a while and today am on parole in my house, back to my sister's tonight. Am doing fine. Arteries shown to be clear so no an gina thankgoodness. Been thinking of you all and will catchup with posts soon,

lots of love to you all,

Bess x x x x Ps. am 67 years old, normal weight, good diet, dont smoke etc. so from now on its chips, and cream cakes, s*d it ! lol xx

• Posted

Oh bess ,thank goodness you are alright now ,just take it easy for a while hun xxx. thinking of you ..

Maria so sorry to hear about your mum it must have been so tiring traveling back and too,hope things get back to normal soon,

Kat glad you are feeling better now on the iron ,does it upset your tummy ,alot of people cant cope like my daughter she couldnt take it ..

debs hope you are feeling better now you have had an increase .

Marigold ,have your family arrived back yet ,its always nice to see them again ,i miss my little grandson as he is at school now ,he gone to the cimiter (cinema)this afternoon with his mum .i was on the phone this morning with him it is sometimes still hard to understand what he is saying.

I am feeling better on the Armour touch wood ,i have not increased yet but know my meds need tweeking one way or the other,i am not as hungry and got more energy but still have cramps back ache and the odd palps ,i am grunting so well these days cheesygrinwhat i am concerned about is the pain and stiffness in my neck and head ,it wakes me up in the night or early morning its at the base of my skull back off ear and down the side of my neck ,ive had it for nearly 2 years now and it feels as if its going worse ,i still have a tickle in my throat that makes me cough and the pulse in my neck throbs ,i see my endo on thursday morning at 9 00am so will have a word with him ..

I have got some kefir grains off ebay after reading what benifits you get from them i drank my first glass yesterday didnt like the taste much but will persevere to see if they help me ,i am hoping they will help with my chest as when its fermenting it has natural antibiotics in it, the drink i had to day i made a smoothie to see if i like it better .they say kefir grains are a gift from god and been around for 2,000 years

its interesting reading about it ,just google kefir benifits

Next monday i am going to Majorca for 2 weeks to find some sun lol and get free vitamin d cheesygrin so i wont take the calcichew the doc gave me

take care everyone

love sue xxx

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear your news Bess, but pleased to hear you're on the mend. Be a good lass, and do what the doctor tells you. smile I often wonder whether it makes any difference what we eat. I'm 66 next month, don't drink or smoke, get plenty of exercise, and my weight is fine. I eat healthily (we'll forget about the fish and chips I had for lunch) lol, but

is it worth it?I might just join you eating lots of chips and cream cakes. Take care. xx

Hi Sue.I've just read about the kefir grains. Let us know if they work.

Our family got back from holiday last night, we're seeing them tomorrow and really looking forward to it. It was 30 degrees when they set off for home and 8 when they got home, and the silly boiler wouldn't work. They got it going eventually, just what you want when you've been travelling for hours. Your grandson sounds a lovely little lad. Our grandson has started to walk while they've been away and he can say a few words now.

Do you think it could be arthritis in your neck? I have an awful job getting comfortable in bed, I never know where to put my arms.

Enjoy yourself in Majorca. xxxxx

Hope everyone is ok and enjoying the warmer weather.

love,

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

Bess,

Oh my goodness, didn't expect to read that! So glad you are on the mend, what do they think caused it?

Please take care,

Love

Kat xxx

• Posted

Hi all, I have kept up to date with posts good to see you all supporting each other
  • Posted

Hi All

Sorry to hear your news Bess, that must have been such a shock, sounds like you are on the mend now, you take it easy.

Sue - I'm very jealous you are off to Majorca, thats where we usually go in July, had my 40th & 50th birthdays in sunny Pollenca. Where are you staying? Have a great time. No holiday booked for us this year, I don't feel up to going away sadly. Hoping things may improve after my operation and we can think about it later in the year. We had hoped to go away in October to celebrate 25th wedding anniversary but will have to see how things are, I'm not holding my breath for a quick recovery!

Got my blood results this morning, dropping by 50% T4 is now 58 & T3 18. Looks like the carbimazole is working quite quickly, only been on meds since early May. My red & white cell counts are now back within normal range but there is still an issue with the red cells being too small, maybe this will improve once thyroid removed?

Think I took more carbimazole than I meant to yesterday, perhaps thats why my knees were bad this morning? I never know if its the pills or the arthritis causing the aches and pains!

Take care everyone and enjoy the long weekend

Ann

• Posted

Hello everyone

Bess so sorry to hear that , I hope your better now . Take things easy xx

Kat my tsh was 80 but came down to 63 after two weeks of more thyroxin so I'm getting there ,still very tired though, I've not got any get up and go sad , it good to see your feeling better and looking forward to your holiday x

Maria I hope your mums better x

Marigold I'm glad your bloods are still in range and they keeping you on the low dose of thyroxin smile , I did feel better after seeing the endo I told him what my doctor said and he's writing to them as he wasn't happy x

Sue good luck with your endo appointment tomorrow ,I hope you have a fab holiday smile x

Ann I'm glad to see your levels are coming down smile do you know when your having your thyroid removed or are they still just talking about it.

I'm off back to bed, it's the only place I'm warm .

Take care Deb xx

• Posted

hi, everyone ,Bess hope you are feeling better ,and still resting ,been thinking about you ,sending you hugs love and kisses .

Debs hope they get your levels something like soon,its miserable when you feel tired and cold ,i can remember when i first went hypo and i just bought a new duvet 15 tog ,as i couldnt get warm ,i went to bed that night and shiverd my socks off eek i had my nightie and dressing gown on too ,i phoned my daughter the next morning and told her that new duvet was rubbish ,and that there was something wrong with the filling ,she told me to take it back which i did the next day explaining how cold i was and had to put extra clothes on to keep warm ,i didnt realise how cold you could feel being hypo lol

Marigold ,hows the family ,did they have a good holiday ,i can just imagine you spoiling your grand children ,now they are back ,The kefir drink is going great and is helping my chest ,i am bringing up loads of rubbish ,i believe it was used by the Russians to treat TB,it has its own antibiotics too ,it can help to clear thrush help reduce cholestral and strip the arteries to stop them clogging as well .It has so many benefits to mention here but one thing i have noticed my skin feels lovely and soft ,i dab it on and leave to dry ,then rinse off ,you can feel it tightening your face ,Its early days yet but i am going to carry on with it .They are funny little grains and quite sqwidgy ,mine are growning now and i am getting use to the taste ,you can smell yeast ,i make a smoothie with mine now and again.

ann maybe you can get a late holiday ,hope so or early next year..I went to Majorca while hyperthyroid and on the last night my heart started racing i was rushed to hospital and straight into intensive care redface

i was in hospital for 10 days but i had the best care i could wish for ..I didnt realise i had had pnuemonia too ,lol i live in the fast lane now cool but i am not worried about going away Oh i am going to camp de mar ,

I am still feeling better on armour ,still get that breathless feeling and one ore two other things ,i am so good at oinking now lol

Ps i did a daft thing the other day , confused i decided to vaccuum my key board lol,i only sucked up 2 keys omg what am i like lol

• Posted

Hi All

Hope everyone doing ok.

I've had a good couple of days & a friend told me I looked well today - things must be improving! I still dont sleep well, usually wake up after an hour or 2 if I'm lucky then I'm up and down all night, trying to sleep in a chair then back to bed.....etc etc.... Does anyone have any tips to stay asleep? I've tried sleeping pill but they only knocked me out for 4 hours then had the most disgusting taste in my mouth the whole of the next day so I have not tried another!

Sue - sounds like your trip to Majorca was eventful having to go to hospital but I know they look after you well. My fiends daughter had appendicitis & had to stay in hospital for a week but all was well in the end. Not been to Camp de Mar but it looks lovely so enjoy the sun. It will be so nice to escape this cold damp summer weather! You made me laugh re keyboard - haha!

Deb - have you had any change to meds & had any improvement? hope you get sorted soon. No firm date for operation yet, I see the endo on 11th June & have another appointment on 1st July with endo and another lady, not sure who she is but I know it is something to do with surgery so I think things are moving forward. I am hoping by the time of 2nd appointment I will be some where near stable enough to be able to go through an operation, the endo told me weeks ago I would not survive an op until I got more stable!

Still waiting for an appointment to a rheumatologist - I read it was a good idea to be referred early, its nearly 4 months now.

Take care all

Ann

• Posted

Hello everyone.

Hi Bess, hope you're still on the mend. Take care.

Hi Deb. I'm glad your TSH is coming down. My thyroxine has been increased slightly from 50 a day to 50 and 75 alternate days, and it's worked quickly and I'm back in the normal range. I have to have my bloods checked monthly for a while to make sure they stay where they should be. I'm having a fasting blood sugar in a couple of weeks as I'm feeling hungry all the time and tired. Are you feeling any warmer? I think bed is the best place when it's cold.

Hi Sue. It sounds like you're going to be a new woman. I did laugh at you sucking two keys up the vacuum cleaner. lol

We saw our family on Sunday, they were all tired. They'd travelled overnight Thursday and didn't get back until Friday teatime so it was all catching up with them. Our little grand daughter had a fever and was asleep on the sofa, and our grandson was in his cot fast asleep. We got a surprise when he got up as they'd told us he was walking, but he was actually running. biggrin He kept getting hold of grandad's hand and taking him for a run.

They'd had a lovely time, but they were there for nearly a week before their luggage arrived, so they'd had to go out and buy all sorts. Then the airline had the nerve to charge them excess baggage to come back when it was their fault that they'd had to buy extra clothes. rolleyes

Not long to your holiday now.xx

Hi Ann.

I'm sorry you're going to miss your holiday this year. We had a holiday booked and had to cancel it when I took ill. Home is the best place when you don't feel well.

I'm sleeping better than I did when I was hyper, but I still have some restless nights. I worry about things that happened years ago, and go over conversations in my head. Even when you've had surgery on your thyroid you'll still have Graves and the symptoms that go with it, one of which is anxiety unfortunately.

You're right you must be improving if a friend said you looked well. My hair always goes like cotton wool when my thyroid is playing up, and when my hairdresser takes one look at me and says 'what's happened to your hair' I know it's time to get checked out.

Thinking of everyone.

Marigold

xxx

• Posted

H i everyone ,hope you are all feeling well,or as well as you can be .I have been to see my endo ,he said i looked better and couldnt say sorry enough over the mix up with my prescription,also my blood pressure was up,i have to reduce my armour as my T3 was too high and go back on 60mgs a day ,in 6 weeks get a blood test then increase to 75 one day and 60 the next,and he want to see me in 3 months ,in the mean time hes writing to my gp telling him how to watch my levels and when to increase ,he was also worried that i had lost a stone in weight so i explained that i hadnt been feeling as hungry since on the armour and took the oppertunity diet or eat sensible ,so only another stone and a half and i will be back to normal .

Marigold send your little fellow to me when i come back from holiday lol i might run the extra weight off .

Bess hope you are feeling better ,thinking about you..

Only 3 days to go and i am already packed as i have a few busy days ahead like baby sitting cutting the lawn and tiding up all the mess i have made lol

talk to you all soon

take care sue xx

• Posted

Hi Sue. Have a good holiday.

love,

Marigold

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.