No stock of orlistat !!!!

Posted , 69 users are following.

Hi everyone this is my first time on here.

As I can't get my prescription from any local

Chemists everyone is saying there is a problem

With the manafactuer. Has anybody else had the same

Problem.

Help xxx

4 likes, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Still canott get any Orlistat, all pharmacies are still reporting "no supply". Is the Midlands a blackspot or something? I dunno? So again I ask does anyone know of anywhere in the West Midlands that has stock of them, this is getting daft..... And well done @fedup, nice result. :-D
  • Posted

Hi,

Phone which ever chemists head office and ask why.

It should be widly available again talking to Roche who are the distibutors of Xenical Orlistat.

Mike

• Posted

Will do and many thanks Mike.
  • Posted

Have managed to get prescription filled at Morrisons pharmacy in Killingworth near Newcastle upon Tyne, with one day left on the prescription before it ran out! Started it on Sunday and Monday couldn't leave the house, had to be near the toilet. Managed to go out Tuesday but stomach still not right. Stopped taking tablets on Tuesday night to see how I settled. Today Thursday and it is still not right. Will wait and see how it goes and then restart tablets. I never had this problem in January/February when I first started taking Orlistat, but at least I have lost a couple of pounds. Hopefully you will all manage to get some tablets. Good luck.
  • Posted

WooHooo Good news at last.... the Chemist has got some, so, time to run, gotta go pick em up. Thanks to all that have replied and even though I am getting some does not mean I am going to abandon this thread, If I can be of any help/advice then by all means reply/message me. Good luck to you all. :-)

• Posted

Granniex3, When I got my tablets I ate healthy for a couple of days before I started taking the tablets. Obviously if you have eaten high fat the tablets will start working on the fat in your system. I havent had any problems so I think that might work. Probably stay off the tablets for a few days and eat low fat and then restart.

Also bare in mind that these tablets will not work if you eat high fat. The only reason you will be on the toilet constantly and have stomach cramps is if you are eating too much fat.

Good Luck

• Posted

hi all,good to see that many of you are now getting the pills,im in hampshire and have had no luck

at all,got about 2 weeks left on my prescription so heres hoping i have some luck soon,good luck

to you all with your weightloss.

• Posted

Hi Del,

I am in Hampshire Hartley Wintney and thats where I got mine from.

Mike

• Posted

Hi Chantelle

Thanks for your reply. I don't tend to eat high fat, just healthily most of the time. I grill food and if we have chips they are home made and cooked in the oven. I have even cut down a lot and go for lots of walks. My stomach seems to have settled down a bit so will try tablets again tomorrow. Here's hoping!

• Posted

Hi There,

I collected my Orlistat today. My phamacy has a large supply delivered this week..

• Posted

Just collected prescription from my local Boots ..so wont have to send off to another pharmacy this time.

When I started taking them this time around first few days I had to "go" a bit more often and had some wind but now on third week and all that has stopped. Lost around 4 lb so far.

• Posted

Would be good to see how others are getting on now most of us have Orlistat. I have lost around 7lbs this month ..

but it has coincided with my pain medication being changed I now take nortriptyline for pain relief (its one of the older antidepressants but in smaller doses also used for nerve pain) and this has taken away some of my appetite so helping all round.

Good luck all. :D

• Posted

I have been off on a weeks all inclusive holiday where I can safely say that I ate and drank far too much. Unfortunately I had to stop taking the Orlistat towards the end of the holiday as practically all of their food was cooked in a lake of olive oil. However the tablets did the trick because when I braved getting on the scales when I got back I hadn't put on any weight even though I hadn't lost any either (but then I wouldn't have expected to with what I shovelled down my throat - lol. So now back to being sensible and hopefully the weight will start coming off again. In the time that the Orlistat was unavailable I put back on 3 stone of the 7+ that I had previously lost despite eating a healthy diet, so I am really hoping that the work well for me again and I can get rid of it again.
  • Posted

Ellied100 - you've done well to not put on any weight over that week. I've also been away but on half board.....didn't go overboard but had decided not to take the tablets at all. I just got another box a few days before leaving - I've put on 2lb over the week. Now today and tomorrow will be eating just like I was taking the tablets to eliminate as much fat as possible before I start taking the blueys on Monday again. My few indulgences were 3 crossants (sp?) and 2 pieces of cake for desert and 3 ice creams...and they were small...but too much bread....so now it's back to porridge (literally) again.

Best wishes to all battling overweight.

• Posted

Hi All,

Sounds like your all doing really well.

Iv been on the tablets for 7 weeks now and iv lost 11 pound in total, im really pleased with them.

Happy weight loss all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.