No stock of orlistat !!!!

Posted , 69 users are following.

Hi everyone this is my first time on here.

As I can't get my prescription from any local

Chemists everyone is saying there is a problem

With the manafactuer. Has anybody else had the same

Problem.

Help xxx

4 likes, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi All,

Sounds like your all doing really well.

Iv been on the tablets for 7 weeks now and iv lost 11 pound in total, im really pleased with them.

Happy weight loss all.

• Posted

Well done you. I have been back on them for 3 weeks this coming Friday when I get weighed and am hopeful I have dropped a few pounds. Will post and let you know, sinner or saint.

Mike

• Posted

hey mike,after 5 months of waiting i got 2 boxes today from our local tescos so well happy and back to being good lol,good luck to you allsmile
  • Posted

hi all, I last posted in march in this forum, I was prescribed tablets in February, as I have 7 stone to lose.. and couldn't get hold of them, same as everyone else,the pharmacy was holding my prescription. I went back when I saw on here that the tablets were available, no prescription there and none on record,,oh what a palava, anyway long story short,, i have now got 84 tablets...never taken them before. I managed to lose about a stone while waiting but cant seem to get any more off by myself.

I am a bit worried at taking the tablets as I work and I've read and heard about the side effects, is it recommended that I take some time off when i first start, lets just say in my job a toilet is not always readily available..:-)

• Posted

Hi Devonmaid,

I work 9 - 5 in an office and have been on the tablets for 8 weeks. I havnt had any side effects yet.

To be honest if you stick to the 30g of fat per day rule with no more that 15g of fat in a meal it is really easy and not to be dismisive but I was suprised by how much you can still eat.

An example of my meals for a typical day would be porrdige/wheetabix with chopped banana for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch with a fat free yoghurt., jacket potatoe with beans for tea or potatoes vedge and a pork loin.

you can also have snacks of fruit, yogurt, jelly but drink plenty of water/sugar free dilute pop.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

that does help thanks, my doctor didnt give me any guidelines back in February, just said he would prescribe these tablets and if i ate any fat I would have "side effects" he was a bit more graphic than that though..

I will start today and see how I go...doc says he wants to see a 5% weight loss in 3 months...

• Posted

I was given loads of info before i started bt thats because I see a dietician, Cant believe ya doc told you if you ate any fat you would have side effects. What did he want you to live on lol. Nearly everything has a little bit of fat in.

Yeh 5% is normal. Iv only been on the tabs for 8 weeks and i hit my 3 month target last week. I think it comes off fast to start with, I suppose it will slow down at some point.

I would advise to eat healthy just for a day before starting the tabs, just to make sure there isnt any fat in your body that the tabets could start working on. thats what I did anyway.

• Posted

I was given loads of info before i started bt thats because I see a dietician, Cant believe ya doc told you if you ate any fat you would have side effects. What did he want you to live on lol. Nearly everything has a little bit of fat in.

Yeh 5% is normal. Iv only been on the tabs for 8 weeks and i hit my 3 month target last week. I think it comes off fast to start with, I suppose it will slow down at some point.

I would advise to eat healthy just for a day before starting the tabs, just to make sure there isnt any fat in your body that the tabets could start working on. thats what I did anyway.

• Posted

Hi back again. Well I am in Greece chilling out after yet another abso hectic day. I decided prior to coming I would lay of the tabs for the week while I am here, anyone that knows Greece knows that it is one place where to get caught short is nothing less than lethal. Needless to say I came with the intention of being a complete gluton for a change as I do everytime I come here BUT... so far after each trip I have managed to lose around 7 lbs simply because most of the stuff eat here is healthy fresh and awesome, tie that in with the swimming and mile after mile of walking in +25 degree heat all adds up to what I think for me is the perfect balance of nutrition per day with the active side of things helping to burn it off. Just keep the water topped up and jobs a good un, so will have weigh in when I get back and will see if this time is any different from the past.
  • Posted

Well i have been to the doctors today and i have lost 6kg so far (not bad considering ive been on holiday for two and a half weeks since i started taking) Anyway my doctor has prescribed it for another month, had such a hard time with the prescription as it was sent electronically to the chemist (even though i asked it not to be) and when i arrived they say they cant get it until NEXT YEAR, even though a chemist i know half an hour away is getting supplies constantly and have loads in stock! So after a big arguement ive now go to go back to the doctors in an hour to pick up a green slip and have a nice train ride to pick it up. Makes you wonder how everywhere else can get it now, but they cant until next year!

Anyway i hope everyone else on here is doing well!

• Posted

Hi Fender_gurl.

Thats great, I thought id done really well at 5kg. They really are fab these tablets arent they.

I dont think theres any logic in which chemists are getttin it, its been a right pain hasnt it. To be fair though all of my local chemists seem to have it now.

hope everyone else is doing well.

• Posted

Well done Chantelle!

No it makes no sense really, to be honest i wouldnt be shocked if they hadnt even bothered to try to order it again...

My doctor was a bit snotty with me today to be honest, he asked why i wanted more when i could just keep up with the diet and excercise, so got a feeling i wont be getting anymore after this box sad

• Posted

Everyone is going along well, it seems....I'm back on them again after a week off...had two days of non tablet but stuck to the rules and no side effects at all....yes, when you start it is best to have a couple of days to get rid of the excess fat (even though you've been fairly good). I can understand why Rik didn't take them in Greece.....but as you say the food is fresh and healthy and you did well.

Having started at 13 stone and left home at 12 1/2 I am now 12 5 and am happy with the progress. I have just switched off all the bad things I used to eat and can get through most days without even thinking of them....so onwards and downwards is my motto!

Best wishes to all...it's good to read all the messages...keep them coming!

• Posted

Went and got weighed today and have lost 2 1/2 llbs in 2 weeks, which gives me ans average loss over 4 weeks at around 4 to 5 llbs with no excersizing because of dissability went to chemist to get supply of Orlistat and they havent got any. I am not surprised I half expected this. I have enough to get me through the next 10 days or so and I am off to Norfolk for a weeks holiday so hopefully they will have some in when I get back.

Kilos, you lucky devils.

Mike

• Posted

Well done to both of you!

Good luck getting your next box Mike. Norfolk is a nice place, i grew up there, have a good holiday smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.