rivaroxaban

Posted , 27 users are following.

I've been on warfarin for just over a year and have to be on it for life but want to change to Rivaroxaban as there is no regular INR checks. My GP said that it can't be done as no-one has ever been on Rivaroxaban long term. Can anybody tell me if this is correct? or have I been fobbed off.

2 likes, 114 replies

114 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You are being fobbed off. I have been on it for 4 weeks ...have a kidney blood test every 6 months on it for life. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

Carol how is he being "Fobbed off"? I also had severe inner bleeds while on Xarelto (Riveroxaban ...so dr switched me to Eliquis ..seems gentler..so far so good  CAREFUL when taking some posts as "GOSPEL..Ask Doctors before folowing "Advice" on this ste, especially on NEWER Drugs which are still being researched even though have been "cleared  for use " ..

• Posted

Hi Lucy only just been put on Riveroaxaban but I can tell you and the doctors swore by it that it's far better than warfarin. I'm only on it for 6 months but I hate tablets or medicine, but I have to take it to get better. I have had no side effects.
    • Posted

Glad the Riveroxaban is working well for you. I'm on anti-coagulants for life, have not had any problems with Warfarin, my INR is stable and has been almost from the time I started taking it, no side effects, INR test every couple of months. I'd be interested to know in what way Riveroxaban is 'far better than Warfarin', aside from not having to be regularly monitored.
    • Posted

Less incidence of bleeding on the brain .which as you know is very serious. That's it really the only differences . Hope this as helped.
    • Posted

The consultant said to me that a blood clot causing a stroke is more debilitating than a brain bleed from Rivaroxaban. Take your pick. 
    • Posted

Carol NOT SO..you should research more about the newer drugs (on line,,) it does NOT have less incidents of bleeding ! IT is convenient for  those of us who are "VEINLESS" ouch ! it takes 3 or 4 nurses to TRY getting my blood..also has less interactions with food,,BUT the BLEEDS are NOT ' less  INCIDENCE" WHERE are you getting your information? AND FOR ALL ON LINE HERE ..PLEASE  just GOOGLE THE DRUG for much  PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION...much better than taking "peoples opinions here OFTEN dangerous "Advice"

• Posted

Who r u talking to...I have not commented on less cases of bleeding...I have only said I prefer Warfarin....Rivaroxaban doesn't get on with my stomach...perhaps you r confused who you r supposed t b replying too...u have a nice day 😊

• Posted

carooll I copied/pasted your post 2 posts above Here it is

so I guess I am talking to YOU ..yes?

carroll998 lucy02639 • over a year agoLess incidence of bleeding on the brain .which as you know is very serious. That's it really the only differences . Hope this as helped.

• Posted

I have been on Rivaroxaban for 1 year and will be on it for life. I had multiple extensive PE's with no reason as to why I suffered from them.

My haematologist told me I needed to have a blood test once a year to check my kidneys and liver.

It is true there is no antidote to the drug but it has a half life of 24 hours. If a patient was on the drug and was bleeding extensively there are did that can be given to stop the bleeding so I wouldn't worry about it.

I was put onto the drug by my haematologist who suggested it was more convenient for me.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Dear Nurse

Have you read the recent literature on these drugs.

They are extremely dangerous with many people bleeding out from reasonably minor injuries.

• Posted

Buddah SO TRUE I wish SOME People would not give such dangerous "ADVICE ,,yes even Nurses ,,AND folks REMEMBER we are ON INTERNET where anyone can give themselves titile.

I could post as " Brian Surgeon" but it would not make it TRUE..Even if somme nurses and doctors REALLY are such, does not n=mean that they are authorities in these dangerous drugs...BEWARE while in the newer AntiCogulants 

• Posted

I wish we could EDIT after posting as many sites are set up for... LOL my typos are awful I am tired Hope you can understand and of course I meant Brain surgeon..etc
    • Posted

I would tell rob to REALLY worry about it! THERE IS STILL NO ANTIDOTE so we DO have to woory about it.and nurse WHAT is that DID which can be given???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.