How are you getting on?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi I thought it would be interesting to see how each of us are getting on and what stage they are at...Me I'm just past the three week mark, pain in big toe, also numb and white painful if I try to bed it. I get a lot of pain across the top of my feet, which I would be interested if anyone else has because I had this befor the operation and want to know if I have made it worse. 

My foot is still VERY swollen.. Scar is healing nicely but scab not come off yet...

What about the rest of you how are you getting on ? X

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hello! i had my left foot done 3 weeks ago and my right one done 1 week ago, the left one has had the stitches out and bandage off and the scar is healing nicely aswell but like you say the scab still isent off yet. i was kind of wondering when that comes off as id like to start using bio oil on it soon and massaging it. iv hear when you start to massage it it really helps loosen up everything as my toes are really tight, i try to bend them but does hurt if bent too far. 

i have been able to walk with my feet in this way but is probably a bad idea ( when i mean walk i mean downstairs once a day) as after iv used the stairs its pretty painfull and im nackered in the end.

im not sure if anyone else gets it but after the first-second week when the pain goes alot, i seem to get alot of pain at night and i end up waking up at like 3 and then 6 in the morning to go for a wee which seems to be EVERY night and i never wee that much, i havent drunk enough to wee thar much either. strange neutral 

how has everything been for you? can you bend your toes with your hands or on your own? 

• Posted

Hi I Gemmalouise, 

I too was wondering when I can start using the oil on the scar, as my skin is all peeling and very dry. Because it says not to rub on open wound, not sure exactly if that means a scab as well I have been rubbing it around my scar.. I can stand and get into the shower over bath without my shoe on but after my little accident falling on my toes, I was told to be VERY careful, he was most concerned I fell forward using my toes to save me. So do be careful, he told me to always wear my shoes, obviously not

when I bath or shower.. Lol My foot like yours is still very tight, is quite swollen too. 

I only get pain in my foot when my toe catches on the bed clothes, my bedding is quite heavy.. As far as the getting up at night, I get up a few

times too but I have always been like that. I long for the time I don't have to keep putting on my shoe when I am half asleep.. 

• Posted

I started to use the oil on the bots where the scab had come off but the last bit only came off last week so only doing full scar in circular motions recently.  It still feels a strange sensation but the feeling is definitely back

x

• Posted

Epsom salts and baby oil good for swelling and eats through hard skin and flaking skin !! It's great !!
    • Posted

Sorry I forgot to say, bio oil... 😳
    • Posted

Twice a day for me now And I Massage my whole foot during the evening while watching TV.  Seems to have eased some of the stiffness but don't use oil then!
    • Posted

Hi guys one question unrelated to the bunion but relevant to surgery .

Has anyone experienced vision problems since their surgery?

I have blurred vision since the surgery . I read that surgery and pain killers can give vision problems with hopefully will go away after few weeks , had anyone else experienced that?

• Posted

The only reason I have is because of the sitting around and being on my iPad so often, my eyes sting due to what I assume is eye strain.. However when my mum had a heart operation she had vision problems.. 
    • Posted

Thanks Sue I will do it more often, perhaps a soak first in the olive oil and Epsom salts. Do you put warm water in there too Gill ? And then a gentle rub with bio oil xx
    • Posted

Epsom salts costs about £1.50 put in the hottest water that is bareable to you I keot topping it up with hitter water as it cooled with a little olive oil in water soak for about 20 min half hour then dry with a towel hard skin and dry skin just rubs off
  • Posted

Gosh I am shocked and very pleased at the response to this thread. It's so nice to hear all of your stories and find out how you are all progressing. It's lovely to know we are not alone. It also helps to hear advice from those who are a little further along the line and have already been through the stage others are at. Of course it goes without saying I wish you all a speedy recovery too😃🌸💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.