11 hrs to go and feeling ok.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I can't believe that I got given my date 12  weeks ago and I thought it would be  ages to go and now I am nearly there.I feel ok at the moment but in 11hrs I bet the nerves will be terrible.Everything is organised,I have even been out to buy the Movicol.I was going to save my Easter eggs until I got home but I have given in and eaten half of one before I down 2 sachets  of my preload before 9pm.It will be an early night as I have to be at the hospital by 7.15am.The lovely warm and sunny day today has brightened my spirits and I had a friend phone me from Spain today wishing me good luck.I appreciate everyone's tips and good wishes on this forum.I will sign back in as soon as I can to let you know how it went.Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Keep smiling

luv

Teresa

xxx

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Teresa

You sound very well prepared.  Glad you had an Easter Egg treat before you went, nothing like spoiling yourself.  Very glad you have had a lovely day.  Try and get a goodnight's sleep.  Good luck for tomorrow.  Let me know how you get on.  Will be thinking of you.  Take care.  

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

I feel very prepared.All the housework is up to date,even things like curtains are washed and back up.I have changed my bed and normally I have a duvet and top sheet but now it is just the duvet to make it easier getting in and out.I have moved certain things around to make it easier to reach when I get home.The cupboards are full of food and the freezer.My garden chair is cleaned up ready to have in doors as I think the settee will be too low. Can I just ask you about my pre op shower in the morning.My book only states that you cannot wear make up but can I use shower gel and deodorant?

Thanks Jacqueline.

xxx

• Posted

sorry my latest message has to be moderated.I think it is because I asked if I can use certain things for my pre op shower
    • Posted

Hi Teresa

Sorry got your full message too late to be helpful but no I was told not to use shower gel or deodorant.  

By now you are in your recovery and hopefully you are not in too much pain and feeling comfortable.  Let me know how you are when you can.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

Would never of thought of not using shower gel or deodorant.

I will have to remember that thursday morning.

Thanks hope you are well

xx

• Posted

Hi Nicola

I am very well, very surprised and very pleased.  So lovely to have the bowel and bladder where they are supposed to be.  Trying to rest in between having a potter about.  I think the trouble with having vaginal surgery is that you feel so well and you think you are fit, but the wall of tiredness catches up.  I slept for 4 hours this afternoon, it was lovely.  I think it will be very hard to give this new habit up!  

Wishing you well for Thursday, try to stay calm (I know, not easy) it does help.  Let me know how you get on.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

Well I have just finished the ironing, will do the housework tomorrow, my hospital bag is packed so hopefully will be able to have a relaxing evening tomorrow and an early night. I feel calm at the moment and think the nerves will kick in once im in hospital and waiting to go down.

Will let you how I get on.

Take care and look after yourself

Nikki xxsmile

• Posted

I was very carm on the day untill I was asked to date the consent form my hand let me down by shaking I found it hard to write even said to the consultant I was carm untill you gave me the pen

I will be thinking of you tomorrow

• Posted

All the very best for tomorrow....we will all be here to lend a helping hand with your recovery x
  • Posted

Good luck for a speedy recovery.

Tracey

• Posted

Thanks Tracey

just half way through my preload.Not bad at all.I thought it would taste horrible.It is really quite plain tasting but 1.5 pints is a lot together down.

xxx

• Posted

Best wishes, the nerves are natural, but all will be ok, go to Hyster Systers website for lots of support and great info, I am 17 weeks TAH.
    • Posted

I am now signing off for my early night.Please leave me some of your tips for when i come back to the forum.Thanks again to you and everyone else for your kind wishes.I will be back as soon as I can(hope it won't be too long)

Sweet dreams to you all.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.