Is there anyone live on this forum now ?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've never been on a forum in my life but now I need some support. Is anyone on here ??? 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The Gravol is only if you are having a hard time coming off Zopiclone.  I was on 7.5 for years and then it stopped working.  The choice was to increase or stop.  It has hard but worth it.  No more memory problems,a lot calmer, fewer panic episodes.
  • Posted

Hi Kerry, i too am an alcoholic. Hence the reason why i went on zopiclone (Imovane) in Canada.My doctor told me that pam drugs such as valuim and adivan are highley addictive. The alternative is a safe non addicting drug called imovane... LOL! it almost seems that my life is controlled by them I stress out when i'm about to run out I have a few different doctors and many different phramacies. doing all this sh*t to get the little blue pill. F.M.L.its crazy when i go to a meeting now i shut down because i feel so guilty about the imovane use even know it is not classified as anarcotic i think it's wosre. Love to chat more but, work is calling bye for now.
  • Posted

Hi Kerry,

I am in the UK and have just finished a 10-day course of Z (well, yesterday). A close friend died recently and this has effed up my sleep and general well-being. Hence taking it, which I LOVE... good night's sleep and no sleep-hangover in the morning, as it were. Which is also why I understand why my GP gave me such a short course of it. Am going to therapy etc to try and sort it out. Don't just rely on chemicals, love. Please. 

• Posted

Hello Kerry, I only joined forum two days ago, after running out of my zopiclone 7.5 for 4 evil days! I have been really ill. Dizzy, sickness, and terrible headache..... All on 8 hrs sleep in the 4 days.

I have just got my new prescription but am afraid to take them now, knowing that I've become addicted. I've taken it for ten years and thought mistakenly, that it was good for me. I'm hoping that as I've 'coped' for 4 days that I can carry on doing so till the terrors and sickness go away SOON.

I never would've taken this stuff had I known the truth of it.

Please ANYONE let me know if they have any advice.

Kerry, good luck to you too. Let us hope, that with good support on here we can get through this successfully.

• Posted

Hi  Kerry,

First go your doctor to cross you over to diazepam, This has a much longer half life and is easier to get off. They may not agree at first, but insist to them about CITAp and the Ashton plan (google them).They have a duty of care to you and must agree to your request. Don't get fobbed off with a referall to a drugs/alcohol unit, they can't prescribe and so are useless - at least for withdrawal from X drugs.

Though away *all* your Z pills so you won't be tempted anymore. Then decrease your diazepam usage, i find 1mg less every 2-3 weeks is OK. It can and does  work - i was down from 4-6 7.5 Zopiclone at the beginning of the year to 10mg diazepam now, By September I hope to be clear and will never take the things again,,,

You'll also have to tackle the alcohol problems, but there are numerous support groups for that.

• Posted

Thank you so much

im going to show this message to my doctor. 

Im getting help for alcohol and doing as meetings etc so that's now finally under control.   One day at a time 

thank you kindly for your message. Helped a lot 

x

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

Glad you're getting help with the alcohol. I have been off the zops since Feburary when I crossed over to Diazepam. Instead of having to take one every 6 hours or less, I just take diazepam at night (i'm down to 10mg). Take it slowly, you can make it. Just think about getting back to a normal life every time things are tough. You can succeed, give it a go. BTW I agree with others, take no caffeine either (tea/coffee, the latter is the worst|)at last 6 hrs before bedtime..

• Posted

Hello, again, Kerry.

How are you coping? Hope things are more positive for you.

I'm now 9 days zop free after 10yrs!!

Sweats have gone, I hope. Nausea going with the help of Buscopan. Raging headache is beginning to soothe . ... Had ice pack on for almost a week. Last night slept for 2 x 3 hrs. Had no alcohol or caffeine for the week either which seems to have helped. Really think I'm going to be ok. I truly hope you are too. XSX

• Posted

Hi Kerry

I'm so sorry to hear anout the problems you are having sad x I don't have alcohol problems but I have spent seven years of my life hooked on Zopiclone - been clean now a year (thank God..). I know it's not what you want to hear but Zopiclone causes a vicious circle. In the end I couldn't sleep with or without them - it was pure hell. I went to my GP after 7 years of taking 2X7.5mgs each night..I asked for an alternative so I could wean off the bloody Zopiclone(!)- was told there "were no alternatives". I went cold turkey in my bed for 10 days - I thought twice that i wpould actually die from exhaustion. Please don't end up like I did Kerry - make an appointment with the GP and decide to try an alternative (if there is something), or wean off as I really wish I could get the last 7 years back..i know it sounds all doom and gloom but I just don't want you to end up like I did.

Take care..

Emma xx

• Posted

Hi Kerry, like the post above, I have just stayed in bed all week ill BUT, like her... Its working for me. Not the best of times I agree, but being on zoo wasn't either. I'm already starting to feel mire like the me I used to be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.