Stitches, staples, etc

Posted , 14 users are following.

Morning hippies! And hippies to be!

Happy Friday everyone!

11 days and counting before my op! Eek!

Talking to some friends at work and one asked how long my staples etc would be in for? And my answer?? I haven't a clue!! I never asked my consultant!

How long is it before they come out?

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Linzi x

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Morning ! Sounds as though you are raring to go!

i had my THR 14 days ago and the hospital requested the community nurse to visit tomorrow....but they don't work Saturdays, so she is coming on Mnday to take the staples out......wish it was today, as I feel they will be really embedded by Monday! I look forward to seeing some replies to your question....and I wish you all the luck in the world for your forthcoming surgery....it's not bad at all!

Barbara

• Posted

Good morning Linzi and happy Friday to you too .... I was wondering, didn't you get a booklet or something from the hospital ? When I was pre-op I didn't really read it - was in denial and didn't understand what they were writing about anyway (what the hell is 90* angle ???)  but there is good information in it ...

I had staples and they were removed 14 days after surgery - I think that that is pretty standard if there is no seeping or bleeding -  I was nervous but it was a breeze - 11 days huh?   warm hug and have a great weekend 

• Posted

Thank you! Erm had some info about op but can't see anything about staples etc... But yeah all I can see if this 90 degree rule! Eek!

Linzi x

• Posted

Hi There!

I had my THR a week ago and my wound is glued rather than stitched or stapled. I had my dressing changed yesterday and all looks OK.

Do hope all goes well with your op!

Annie x

• Posted

Thank you! Hope your feeling good after your op x
  • Posted

Good Morning I had 1 long stitch and my scar is 6.5 inches. Vey neat job

Seems all surgeons use different techniques

• Posted

I think it depends in what part of the country you live.  The hospital where I had my op, glues the wound and I had a few stera strips on as well.  The district nurse came and took these off after 10 days, and it was all healed up.  I guess it all depends on what the hospital favours.  Good luck with your op.
  • Posted

I had my hip done on 11th may and on22nd they took the staples out at the hospital where I had it done I go back on 25th June for 6 week check up I still even now get pain in the thigh and groin I put this down to cutting through the muscle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.