Pip assessment

Posted , 43 users are following.

Hi I have had my date for my assessment for pip I an really nervous . Does anyone know what happens and how long after they make a decision. Any advice much appreciated.

3 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Barbara new to this so here goes had a letter for pip on 19th September 16 to say everything receding but still awaiting decision can anyone help

• Posted

Hi there,, give them a ring,, explain when you had assessment

And they will tell you over the phone apparently ,, that's what a lot of people are doing.

Chances are a letter is on its way but I'd still give em a ring at least

It what settle you, good luck. Make sure you ring D W P xx

• Posted

Hi jayne thanks for the quick reply I thought I would be waiting ages for a reply

I have rang them every week they keep say lot of back logs just wondering what is the average wait time from assessment I am a new claim and it's horrible waiting since Jan 2016 thanks x

• Posted

I had my face to face meeting at home on 19th September 16...got a letter on Saturday morning to say they have all the information to make a decision....ive just rang today and she said it shouldn't be long before I get a decision and if I give it a week and ring back they should be able to tell me...this waiting is so stressful 😌

• Posted

They keep telling me this Deborah is this a new claim like mine . It is horrible waiting never claimed anything before and it's taken 10 months so far but the last bit of waiting phew x

• Posted

Hi Sharon yes this is the first time ive ever claimed anything so I'm new to this....i must admit I only started my claim in on the 5 th August ...sent my form in around the 28th Aug them was seen at home by Atos on 19 th Sept...i just have to hope that its soon....hope you hear some good news soon xx

• Posted

Yes so do I hope you hear soon I will let you know as soon as I do I have fybromyalgia and all the other stuff that goes with it xx I feel sorry for anyone going through this I was finished from work due to I'll health and I had no idea about claims xx

• Posted

Its really stressful I was a nurse for 22 years and have got severe arthritis in hips knees hands and spine 😌 ive gone down hill rapidly in 6 months I'm getting my first hip replacement on the 8th Nov...don't expect this at 43 😌 I'm on half pay till next march but that's only about £600 a month...im unsure what I'm entitled to...meeting with citizens advice bureau this week....good luck I'll let you know if I hear anything xx

• Posted

That's what I should have done .I am 46 and it's strange because my arthritis has just gotten worse in last year the year say I am to young for knee replacements I have been worse since I had sepsis after hysterectomy 3 years ago never pulled with my health I kept trying too work but then I would be off again I was on half pay . Now no income at all I hate ringing chasing this decision but it's so wrong how long people are waiting.if it was not for my mum I don't know what I would do ..so sorry that you having to go through hip replacements at your age that's terrible x

• Posted

Hi ,,when I went on to half pay after having 6 mths full pay I contacted

DWP an I applied for ESA filled all forms in waited few weeks then was given

Stnard rate what they call assessment phase you normally get this for

13wks then maybe a f 2 f assessment is needed,, once an assessment

Has been had you will be notified as to whether you have been put

In wrag or support group ( details about this are available on

DWP site)if you go over 13 wks before you have assessment then any benefit

You may be entitled to will be back dated to the start of the 14 the WK

Hope this helps good luck keep us updated xx

• Posted

When I first claimed ESA back in 2009 I was told that until SSP had been used up I couldn't claim it.

• Posted

Yes I had that for a while whilst working but because it is employment support allowance I thought you could only claim it if your wage was down now just put in another claim for esa today thank God maybe this maybe quicker

I have had no income at all since Jan 4th 2016 if I did not have my mum I don't know what I would have done

You don't get told what you can and cannot claim and if you are new too this how would you know

Honestly some people must be in a worse state than me if it takes months to get a response xx some politicians need to live like us for a while just too see the run around you get people saying you just have to wait

We will back date it if you get it is not a good answer when you are borrowing money

Sorry to rant lol x

• Posted

Hello All!

I'm a full time carer for my Mum and have been silent on the forums until now, just coasting my way through the different posts and soaking up all the knowledge and advice people have been giving, like a little sponge.

Today we were told that my Mum has been awarded the enhanced rate for both living and mobility. We have been waiting around four months for the results for our PiP claim (from when we sent our 'how your disability affects you' form) and everyone's posts - particularly in this thread, have been such a comfort to us, for me in particular as I take the brunt of everything now for Mum. Being a younger carer it's been great to hear from all walks of life.

So basically I just wanted to say thank you to all here, even though you didn't know you were helping. I hope everyone gets all that they wish for and maybe I can shed some experience on how we went through our claim!

• Posted

Tori that's a nice comments

I was like that for a while just soaking things up

Its been a real comfort for me as well

I am so tired of waiting though

Just an answer would be good

If I get it mine would be back dated from Jan 2016 but I don't feel like I will get it

Just because I think it's took this long xx

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

So sorry you've been waiting so long- where abouts in the country are you? Is it a new claim or transfer from DLA? January seems such a long time 😞 X

• Posted

Hi tori

In Lancashire

New claim not a transfer

Hope not too long now

I will post what ever decision I get

Xx

• Posted

Oh no! Have you called DWP to see how your application is coming along? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.