Ive been told I have to have injections, What will be the outcome

Posted , 6 users are following.

My MRI Results, L3/4 there is a right paracentral disc protrusion with substancial caudally migrated disc extrusion effecting the right lateral recess fat where it impinges on the traversing right L4 nerve root. L4/5 there is a broad posterior protrusion which causes mild narrowing of the exit foramina. L5/S1 there is a broad posteria protrusion which indents the thecal and causes mild narrowing of the exit formina bilaterally although no impingment of the exiting L5 nerve root is demonstrated. Conclusion L3/4 discextrusion causing right lateral recess stenosis where it on the right L4 nerve root. The sergeon said that he was going to get me in within a couple of weekes, and put me under because of the amount of injections he is going to give me, I am worried, I dont speak Doctor, I dont know weather this will work, or for how long, I need to get back to work, but can i, as it involves lots of lifting crawling about and stretching, Ive only been in this condition for 4 months, I know it's probably not that long in the grand sceem of things, but the pain is getting me and my family down. and I would just like to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tjames, I am sorry but I like laugh at your message "I don't speak doctor".

Listen I have struggled with disc protrusion l5 s1 for nearly 2 years, between July-Nov 2014 I required 3 cordal epidural's. This is an injection in or around the s1 nerve. I suspect it will be these that you are talking about, and they will sedate you and you will wake up feeling amazing. Depending on the severity of your issues, these will last between 4-6 weeks and will aim to reduce the pressure on nerve.

Sadly mine didn't work & in March I underwent a micro distectomy and then again in April as that didn't work. Sadly I still have constant pain but that's life, I will ask for another epidural before Xmas.

Just relax if you can they're working on helping you & a lot of people are not that lucky.

• Posted

Hi, Thankyou for your comment, Reading some peoples storys, Yes I do feel lucky to have been delt with quickly, And I do Hope it works, I think that is the injection I am going to have, Don't like the sound of going back for more, When I see the surgeon next, Im going to take a dictaphone with me, then I can look up each word, and translate it in to Human. I do hope you gets your problems sorted out, seems like a long time suffering. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.