What loose woman today ladies 💋👍🏼💋👍🏼

Posted , 7 users are following.

Having a discussion on the menopause 😂

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,I was surprised that all the loose ladies were on HRT I was also disappointed that all they mentioned was hot flushes and bad moods,why does no one on tv ever mention the crippling anxiety,painfull joints and everything else we all suffer from.I m totally confused about HRT I have 2 aunties on my mothers side who have had breast cancer,does that put me more at risk? Anxiety and feeling faint are the symptoms that are wrecking my life,I ve tried Ads and they re not for me,None of the discussions that have been on tv to today have not  helped me at all.So I'm staying with all you lovely ladies 😘😘
    • Posted

I thought the same brushed over the issue should have shown me on there as a example 😂😂😂😂😂
    • Posted

Me to then they would have seen women on the edge 😂😂😂
    • Posted

My maternal aunt had breast cancer (survived it no problem) and never used hrt, but that was not going to be a reasons for me to not use oestrogen because her lifestyle was different to mine.  Been on it for nearly 26 years now - not every going off it.  Don't have to.

What do you all mean by 'loose ladies' - it sounds like they are 'ladies of the night'!

• Posted

Lol it's a TV chat show called loose woman 😂😂😂😂
    • Posted

Thanks for that Cheryl,I am trying weigh up the risks against my quality of life,do I risk taking it so I can be more like my normal self? Where do live? Sorry we confused you about loose women 😂X
    • Posted

I googled them last night and recognise some of the names.  I am sure they are all intelligent women (not so sure about the one who exposed her thong when her backside does not look that good!  Bit like mine actually, but I don't expose it publicly!)

I expect they would have all looked past the media headlines about hrt and read the studies to find what the actual circumstances of the study was and whether it was relevant to them.  Plus for every headline saying hrt causes this or that, there is another one where studies have disproved that.

it is important to get the right hrt (oestradiol - bioidentical, never tablets, never combinations, i.e. oestrogen and progesterone in the one medication).  The dr author of Wisdom of Menopause was from the UK, now living in the US, so you had the best person there for a while.  The book is still prettty much relevant, maybe new brands out.  We also have a very good dr of menopause writing books here too.

From information in these blogs, I would not touch some of the hrt that the UK drs are prescribing with a barge pole.  No wonder the women in the UK have problems with it.  Keep the oestrogen transdermal and if you have to have progesterone, keep it separate in small doses.  Unfortunately, its seems to be only available in tablet form.

Strokes are also in my family, but I don't live like they did either.  In fact, I am more prone to strokes, cancer, etc because I have haemochromatosis but I try to keep as healthy as it will allow.  Haemochromatosis can also rob us of oestrogen.  These problems are not an issue with using hrt.  In fact, hrt is keeping me far healthier than I would have been.

Good luck with your endeavours to increase enlightenment.

• Posted

Hi

Lol so you agree with not using HRT over here then as you said you wouldn't touch HRT here in England with a barge pole 😂

• Posted

No, I would not touch the hrt that I have seen prescribed by UK drs.  

They seem to prescribe the problematic ones.  You need to ask for the ones that are least problematic, that you have researched for yourself, if you don't want to go by my experience.  You should be able to get the same type, if not called by the same brand.  I use Estraderm MX 100, two patches per week, topped up by Sandrena gel when the patches don't last the prescribed time.  Both are oestradiol - bioidentical.

I much prefer the implanted oestradiol pellets but they stopped making them, but I am trialling one made by a compound chemist.  One pellet is supposed to last for 12 months.  I tend to use them up in 9 months.  Your body only takes the oestrogen as it needs it.

Check these out for yourself and find the comparable brand if this brand does not exist in the UK.

• Posted

I must add, drs are not gods.  You can say, "I've done my homework and I would feel better/much prefer trying ........"
    • Posted

Yeah fine a menopausal doctor and ask her if she is taking it lol
    • Posted

If the holistic approach works for you and others that's great but a lot of women are thrown in at the deep end losing their ovaries at a young age so suffer a surgical menopause immediately. I respect you're views but won't change what's worked for me after seeing endocrinologist I.ll be staying with what I know works for me for last 25yrs. I only take oestrogen as have nothing left inside they took everything away at 30.Good luck to everyone on whatever works for you.
    • Posted

I would definitely use hrt even if I had not had a surgical menopause.  The stress that is put on the body by oestrogen starvation is more likely to cause cancer, stroke and heart disease, let alone domestic stress and children wounded for life by such stress.

Marilyn, where are you from and what oestrogen do you use?  If you are from the UK and have been prescribed good oestrogen, then there must be some enlightened drs there after all!!!!

• Posted

Thanks for your help Sheryl,this is all so complicated,I need a degree in hormones,I agree that putting ours bodies under stress is no good for us either,I can't the bear the anxiety I have most days,that and the aches and pains,I think I need to do my homework.i don't have much faith in our doctors after the was I ve been treated in the past with another health issue xx
    • Posted

Hi Sheryl I live near Stockport I.m originally from Scotland but have lived here over 30 years.I started on patches at first but although they helped a little it wasn't enough hence me seeing endocrinologist who informed me back then I was on average dose for a 56 year old woman.I was 31so my joints suffered greatly.You will probably be horrified as I was put on Premarin 1.25mg tablets which I know what it's made from but it works for me and given me my life back.I would have still got osteo when I reached menopause as it's genetic but having hysterectomy with no hrt brought it on severely.I am now disabled through djd but still drive automatic car and use crutch to walk any distance waiting for knee replacement at moment The operations I have had are for pain management as I won't let it beat me so if surgery helps i will have it as i.m only 58..If I can improve my quality of life through surgery then I.ll have it.I also keep my weight down to help as well.If you seen me just standing around you wouldn't know I was disabled until I started walking.Its also an invisible disease I always get told oh you look great would never know just by looking at you.We all have to find what's right for us as individuals.
    • Posted

I assume Stockport is in the UK.  Yes, you are right regarding the Premarin but if it is working for you so well, then stick with it until it does not, and move on to another.

Have you ever been investigated for haemochromatosis?  Your osteo problems, being genetic make me think of that.  The other symptoms of haemochromatosis as so like menopause, that it makes you feel you have a double dose of menopause.

Afterall, coming from Scotland, you are quite likely to have Celtic and/or Viking ancestry who are deemed to be the carriers of the genes that cause this disorder.

I have had both hips replaced because of late diagnosis and late treatment of haemochromatosis.  I often have to ask myself, is it meno or is it haemo that is causing a problem at the moment.

• Posted

That's quite interesting Sherry I will read up on it.My father was Irish and mum is Scottish so I do have Celtic genes.To be honest I moved house 12yrs ago following divorce.Also changed gp and they are not very good it's as quick as they can get you in and out,been told many times "Oh it's you're age "so I rarely go.Do have 2 female gp's there now and they're so much better.I have never been investigated for anything other than osteo and like I said before its pain management surgery I end up with every time.Never seen a rheumatoligist or anyone else.Last 7yrs I.ve had sesamoid bone removed which led to bunions and my toes drifting so had them done last year and had screws put in my feet One has now worked it's way out so waiting to have that removed (was told my bone is probably soft and that's why screw is out).I.ve never been offered any sort of preventative care only surgery when my joints are so painful or deformed.Had trapeziesectomies with ligament reconstructions on both my hands last couple of years too.Never heard of what you have either after 28yrs of osteo damage just accepted that's the way it is . This website has shown me there may be other things involved not just arthritis I will certainly be investigating more avenues now.Thanks for suggestions I always thought it was more than osteo as I get swelling and pain in and around my joints.I had cartlidge removed from knee at 21.I have crepitus in my knee joints and neck had steroids into elbow joints many times too but have learned that just causes more problems but doctors don't always inform you about.Sorry this has been so long may be a bit late for my joints but I have 2 daughter's of 37 and 28 and my eldest already had hysterectomy due to endometriosis but has an ovary left so any info that could help them is worth looking into as enough mistakes have been made over the years.good thing is they seem to do things differently now.
    • Posted

Your dr should request an Iron Studies test - do not accept anything less.  It involves Serum Iron, Ferritin Iron, Transferrin Saturation % and TIBC.

Normal ranges are:

SI   (10-30)

SF  (10-200)

TS% (15-45%)

TIBC (40-75)

Although UK pathologies might have different ranges.

If your TS% is high, it is a marker for hereditary haemochromatosis. Your ferritin indicates how advanced it is.

Let me know how you go.

• Posted

Thank you I actually have an appointment at 8pm tonight as I was seen 2weeks ago by orthopedics regarding knee replacement.The lady I seen was a bit concerned as I have pain in tibia also so I.ve been fast tracked through to see a consultant at my local bmi hospital.She said this was a bit over her head as she was a physio so I think she wanted me to be seen by someone with more experience.The letter I received mentions suspected cancer.as I have bone pain/tenderness when touched which I.m pretty sure it's not what she thinks but has to be discounted.They have to cover their back so probably just a precaution.Nothing ever seems to be straightforward.I read up on what you have its interesting but unsure if I have symptoms of that, I also read up on fibromyalgia and do seem to have a lot of those symptoms so I will look in more detail at both once I get this appointment out the way.Thanks for you're advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.