Gallbladder shadows

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hiya......i have been unwell everyday for as long time! My symptoms proberly started when i was 29 i am now 31 !

My symptoms are:

Nausea everyday especially first thing in the morning.

Constipation.....a mixture of both soft and hard stools.

Deep burning brusied feeling in upper abdomen which is there everyday!

Aches in my upper back/right shoulder blade......sometimes feels like a knot feeling.

I also get dull and sharp pains where my gallbladder is and feels very tender when pressed on.

Ive never been in severe agony like alot of other people have.....just feel like i have a virus everyday.....ive lost weight due to this but slowly putting weight back on.

I had a scan and it showed that my gb walls are thickened and that i have lots of shadows inside my gallbladder but showed no stones???

What are the shadows?

Has anyone else had lots of shadows and no stones??  would like to hear your stories?

And why am i not in severe agony like some people?

Also........2 nights ago i pressed where my gb is and heard a funny noise like it was releasing gas or something.....should i be worried?

Looking forward to all your responds and i feel better in my self to know that im not suffereing alone.....feeling like this really gets me down!!xxxxxx

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I have 1 large gallstone and used to have nausea everyday that lasted all day. Since watching which foods triggered it and eliminating them from my diet I am much better and can go days without it. Try to avoid too many high fat foods as this doesn't help.

I have decided to hold off surgery for now as my gallbladder is healthy and am waiting for the laser method to become more widely available in hospitals rather than remove the whole gallbladder.

I also feel not myself most days and easily pick up viruses that take me a while to get over so my imune system can't be as good.

Ginger biscuits and ginger tea are great for the nausea. Also don't wait too long between eating your next meal. I find that when I do I start to feel sick.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi vonnie.

i think you should ask for another scan on your gallbladder it sounds like you have stones .you have all the symptoms i used to get the same pain as you on odd occasions then i had a severe attack twice and was addmitted to hospital twice in the same month i have mutiple stones in gallbladder with thickend walls i am waiting to have gallbladder removed .they think i must of had a stone stuck in bile duct and i passed it hence the terrible pain which caused me to have jaundice and infections im keeping to a fat free diet as i dont want a recurrance whilst im waiting for op.they said it would be jan or feb . so i would have yours checked again to find the problem dont let them fob you off you know something is not right . linda

• Posted

But they said 100% no stones just lots of shadows sad they dont know what that could be sad sad im now waiting to get a camera down my throat.....they want to take a couple of biopsys......im like ''just tae the damn thing out''!! lol
    • Posted

HI

i had the camera down throat a couple of weeks ago they wanted to look and make sure there wasent a stone left in my bile duct before they operated . i was dreading it being done but dont worry its not nearly as bad as you may be thinking .at least when you have that done they will know what the problem is and can sort you out let us know how you get on .linda

• Posted

What was it like?? did they sedate u? if so, how did u feel after wards?x
    • Posted

yes i was sedated first they spray your throat to numb it then they give you sedation through a canula in your hand  you are awake but  cannot remember anything after the start and only the end doesent hurt . throat was sore for three days but no pain , as cheeky87 said stones can be missed on ultra sound but they will see them with the camera or problem with gallbladder not working properly, linda
    • Posted

Oh so can they have a look at the gb with the camera thats going down my throat??
    • Posted

yes if you are having a endoscopy where they sedate you they have a good look around takes almost a hour they look at liver pancreas gb and bile duct  etc so they should know after that the letter will tell you if you are having endoscopy i only had to wait 2 weeks for my appointment .its not been very good watching everybody eating all nice xmas goodies and i cant have any , going to make up for it next xmas though ,
    • Posted

I had a really bad sorethroat for about 2 days afterwards. Get some peppermint tea as I had trapped wind due to the gas that they inflate you with and this will help expel it.

This procedure was the only thing that freaks me out so was dreading it but it was ok. I can remember gagging a few times but as you are drowsy it doesn't seem to bother you. I would not worry if I had it done again with sedation.

• Posted

Did the sedation make you feel sick?? im quite worried about that lol
    • Posted

The sedation didn't make me feel sick at all, I didn't even feel drowsy afterwards. My stomach was a bit unsettled for a few days but soon got back to normal. Honestly it is nothing compared to the Colonoscopy I had done a dew months later, not looking forward to that again in 4 years time.
  • Posted

i think you shoul go to your doctor and ask what the shadows are as they are profesionsals and will be able to give you the answer you need. you could even telephone and ask to speak to the doctor as you are worried and thats not good for you although i would be the same. a lot of what you say about tenderness where the gall bladder is sounds the same as my symptoms and many i have read about. did who ever gave you scan tell you what would happen next? maybe when you pressed around where your gall bladder is there was a build up of bile and you have released some of it but that is just a guess. try not to press around that area as its obviously diseased and weak and you could give tear the walls and get a hernia. im not a professional.some times stones can be missed when you get a scan i'v read about that and people who keep presenting with tenderness and sickness and dull and sharp pains around the right shoulder and ribs are sent for another scan and the gall stones do show up.every single symptom you mention is a sign of gall stones. and you are suffering ,as you are getting pains around all the places you mentioned.maybe not as bad as some other people but we are all different. im sure you will get lots of support here my love why dont you type in to google " can gall stones be missed on a gall bladder scan." and you will see that they can ideed be missed.  you may also have a lot of slugde let us know how you get on. im sue the doctor is opened tomoro. if your in the uk why dont you phone the out of hours nhs. the number is 111. dont leave yourself to worry my dear. oh and i lost a stone in 3 weeks. and very tired and depressed with all of this. so i know how you feel. all my love cheeky🌹🌺🙏 
    • Posted

Thanks Cheeky87......it was all confirmed by ultra sound then they booked me an appointment with a surgeon and he just felt about my tummy and agreed that it was the classic symptoms of gallbladder problems but didnt tell me what the shadows could be.....he was the one who booked me in for the camera thing......still waiting for letter to come through.
    • Posted

well good luck vonniexx.i was at the hospital a few days ago for the appointment before you actually get the operation and all they told me was the bad news. and they spoke to fast and then said " any questions" i was so stunned at the time as he told me that i might need to get cut open from the ribs as i have a scar on my tummy and then he told me about some percentage of ops with problems and i think it was 20% so i could not ask any questions. all i said was it does not sound very good. and then he said well,, do  you want to go through with it. and i said i have no choice as im in so much pain now. so iv been very depressed since last week when i went to the hospital. i dont think they really know that much until they get the gall bladder out and actually examine it. thats only a guess as well. but i wish you all the very best vonniexx. i am lucky that i have a good friend on this forum who private messages me and gives me support. this is life isnt it vonniexx and i suppose there are people who are worse of than us. good luck dear all the very  best to you and everyone of us with this horrible problem❤️💐🙏🌺
    • Posted

Hello cheeky.  I know your message above was to vonnie but I hope you don't mind me writing to you.  I think sometimes with these things they have to give you the worst case scenerio.  When I had my operation they told me before hand that they would go in have a look, if it was going to be too difficult they would close me back up then take me to another hospital and do it there.  Well, I woke up, it had been done but it wasn't simple.  In a nutshell and I won't bore you with the ins and outs, they had to take it out there and then as it was so infected and inflamed.  I had larger than normal incisions for keyhole, but didn't have a full open operation.  They didn't examine the gallbladder afterwards they said they had to dispose of it straight away.  My recovery was a couple of weeks slower than with the straight forward keyhole surgery.  I had lots of problems before the surgery.  And like you I was stuck inbetween a rock and a hard place.  But effectively, like you, I had no option but to have it removed.  I do so feel for you being in the position that you are.  My only advice would be to take it a day at a time and try and keep positive. I know its easier said than done.  But stress does have an adverse effect on pain which is worth remembering.  If you need any advice on anything let me know.  There are a lot of people who have easy times with these things and I'm very pleased for them.  Unfortunately there are a few of us that don't.  And I'm pleased for forums like this, because it does help to know that you are not alone, although of course we wouldn't wish all this palavar on anyone!  Take care.
    • Posted

oh thanks so much for that and giving me some information, yes i do know that stress is not good for us and i have not been feeling to well the last two days and i think its worry. iv had bad headaches. and i do know that i will have to go through with the operation as im always getting very bad pains but they dont seem to be attacks that last a few hours the pains i get last for weeks at a time.like that burning and tenderness to the touch and at the moment im not in pain so im very gratefull for that. but i couldnt stand getting these pains and worrying when they are going to come back  i really appreciate that you took the time to post to me as i wasnt expecting that. yes we all know what its like the pain and the worry not only about when its going to come back but about the operation. i am tring to take it a day at a time. i only got the news last week so its just taking a bit of time to sink in.iv never suffered so much with anything except child birth. once again littel miss dolly thanks for your lovely support and your letter cheered me up when i saw it was for me with your lovely letter. so please know that you have given me some light in my life today. your a very kind person. all the very best to you yourself  love cheeky.🙏 god bless you.🙏💐🌺🌻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.