Morons Neuroma

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had two neuromas removed from my foot five weeks ago. Although the incision was from the top of my foot I still feel really uncomfortable walking, as if I'm walking on a marble and I have a very tender part to touch just where my toes join the ball of my foot. Anyone else experience this and can tell me if this is normal please. Thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So sorry to hear you are experiencing problems post surgery.

Have you been back to the consultant. My understanding is that it takes time to recover.

I have a neuroma and HAVE to take the pressure off the ball if my foot so I always use a small silicone arch lift (Amazon). Immediate relief. They fit in any shoe or can stick to the skin and are washable.

Go with your instincts. If your consultant isn't helping, always get a second opinion.

I failed to for a serious ankle injury and surgery in January and wasted six weeks of unremitting pain and lack of progress. The second opinion diagnosed the problem and performed a procedure immediately

I hope you find the support you need and move towards recovery and good health

• Posted

Im interested as well as i have exact same thing. But the top of my toes also sting when anything brushes against them.
    • Posted

Yes so do mine. At first I couldn't even bear the duvet on my toes, had to hang my foot out of bed! I think it is the nerves repairing that makes them sensitive.
    • Posted

Me too. I'm seeing the consultant this week for six week check so will be asking him. Where did you have yours done?
  • Posted

I had my neuroma removed a couple of years ago and am sure it took a LOT longer than 5 weeks to get back to normal.  Actually it has never got back to anything like normal.  The neuroma pain often comes back and I have another very sensitive place under my foot that makes walking barefoot impossible.  Even with my favourite shoes including lots of foam insoles I can hardly walk 100 yards.  I've had MRIs and ultrasound but they can't find the cause, so I just have to live with it.  Like you it feels like a big swollen lump on the bottom of my foot behind my toes.  My podiatrist thought it might be bursitis and using the ultrasound to direct him he injected a small amount of anasthetic into the bursa and like magic the lump appeared to disappear and I could walk pain free.

My worst pain post-op was getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom when the blood would go to my feet.  Actually my ankles were quite swollen for come time, though it might have been partially age related.

David

• Posted

Oh dear that doesn't sound very hopeful. Could you have what they call a stump neuroma? Did the pain stay away after the injection or slowly come back?
    • Posted

The pain is still with me, Leslie!  

You need to get some good solid shoes - no high heels or dainty little pumps - and some thick foam insoles.  You could cut out a circle or reduce the thickness of the foam under your tender spot.  This will mean less weight is on the tender spot and make it more comfortable.  I have used two insoles on occasion with a hole cut in the underneath one.  This efectively softens the edges of the top insole.

David

• Posted

I seem to have joined this conversation late so apologies if I'm asking the same questions.

Have you tried a silicone gel arch lift!

Or bespoke orthotic

Or, have you ever used KT tape. I saw a YouTube with instructions on how to support the foot with this tape

• Posted

I hve orthodics for my flat arches.  I have tried a gel toe pad from Dream Products and get some relief.
  • Posted

I had both feet done in dec and feb. I m still getting some pain but nothing like the chronic pain i experienced before the ops. My left foot doesnt seem to have been as successful as the right one and i had injections in it about 3 weeks ago which has helped. My consultant assures me that these pains are usual and i will one day be pain free. Just hope hes right. Anyway surgery was definately the best route for meand im happy i went eith it ss i said before the pain i experience now is nothing like it was before. So hopefully yours will improve. Give it time
    • Posted

Definately. If i hadnt had the ops , i dont think i would ve been able to carry on working the pain was that bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.