Hormonal Rage

Posted , 9 users are following.

Please someone, before I do or say more horrible things I don't mean to my family.  I need advice on how to get this hurricane of emotions to calm before I traumatize my children any further. Herbs? Techniques for self soothing? Anything? I just realized that I am going through peri menopause, and have been for about 6 months, but it is getting so much worse.  I'm 37, with four young children and I just need help.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If it's any consolation I'm exactly the same. It's like a red mist isn't it, I just lose it over the smallest of things. Set aside some 'you time' every day. I've got 4 children too, I understand how demanding life can be with a large family, a full time job and all the other stuff. It's hard to find time to yourself but do try to. Find a good multivitamin and an understanding doctor x hugs x
  • Posted

Sorry to hear, see if you can buy some Macca, that seems to be one of the better ones, along with St. john's wort which is for anxiety. Both worked for me. Macca is first but I like St. John's wort to calm the nerves. Both are natural, try the Macca first, see how it makes you feel, should work fine. If that doesn't help then look for St. John's wort. But Macca should do it for you. I went through that too. Hope this helps
    • Posted

I just started taking St. Johns Wort and I haven't heard of Macca.  Sounds like a good thing to try.  It is my nerves really, they are shot.  I feel like a raving lunatic and I see myself acting this way like I'm outside of my own body and I'm posessed by a demon.  I will definately try the Macca.  Either that or I'll have to find a priest to perform an exhorcism.  
    • Posted

Funny lady.  I took St. Johns wort, and happy to say it worked really well on me especially with anxiety and nervousness. It also worked after a few days, but they say it takes about a month before it fully works. I hope it works for you. Many women here swear by it.. Be gentle with yourself and take care.
  • Posted

Hi Susan I have a teenger and @p year old girls and in the same boat.....not proud but I have sworn, broke plates and probably traumatised them a wee bit but you know what, they will know its ok to express anger....I was learned to hold it and boy has that backfired lol...I was always calm n spoke to my kids.....issues are brought to the surface too with declining oestrogen our nurturing hormone....I sob for my self back for me and my girls and the lovely glow of hormones .. I find. Plate smashing, and punching pillows helpful when I feel like this then gentle music and yoga helps get the anger out in tears....I feel your pain xxx
    • Posted

Thanks, expressing anger is important.  Maybe I'll take my kids to smash something with crowbars out in the woods so they too can be destructive and express their anger with me this way.  Without breaking any of my junk. That sounds fun.  Yes, too I either care too much about them or not at all. 
  • Posted

High dose Vit B6 helped me with PMS symptoms when I was your age. Your doctor should be able to prescribe for you.
  • Posted

Hi, I fully sympathise with you. I go through that phase of being horrible to people around me;my husband and my 7years old daughter. Unfortunately I cannot use HRT. And yes I need help&advise too. All the best.
  • Posted

Hello Susan

i am sorry to hear your woes I can relate to this hence why I am replying. My perrimenopause started at 34 and by 37 I was full blown. Doctor at 35 did not do anything and I took all sorts of alternatives from the health shop which worked till I hit 36 then it was slowly downhill my periods finally stopped, I was so tired I fell asleep briefly at 3 pm on school run. I went back to a new doctor and straight onto HRT this saved me for 12 years and through a nasty divorce. I am now 49 so a few more years on from you and more experience! 18 months ago started to feel rubbish. Saw many doctors - they just don't have a clue - many blood tests then a change of HRT as I was now back into full blown menopause (again)! New HRT doctor just picked out of her book last August started to take. In November after the 3 months were up I went into rage one night shouted at my 15 year old she had never seen me like this and took herself of to her dad (big mistake) as he used my eldest daughter during divorce and will do anything to get this daughter. He didn't tell me till 11 am that she was with hiim, he then got my daughter to try and tell lies that I had hurt her, she didn't and she has not stayed with him since, vile man.  A scan this January showed that my uterus is thickened. Again doctor did not contact me, only because I went back said that the HRT was making me worse and told her which one I wanted to be on. It's worked it's the sister one to the one I was taking for 12 years. I am due my investigations as a day patient next week, fingers crossed its not cancer, but I would like to know. In my experience what you take now may need tweaking later on. My doctor was very much pro the mirena coil as was the gynaecologist?? Everyone is different however my experience is that GPs are no expert in this field unless you are lucky to find one. Depending what part of the country you live you can access a special clinic for this and a doctor trained in this area on the NHS. Where I live they took away last June. There is a private doctor I can access Dr Sarah Gray she talks on LBC radio and local radio about this. But alas she is private. I am sorry I cannot tell you what to do - I can advise just see what's near you - Google and yes good old Bachs remedy and look in health shop. I use arnica tablets for instance for bruising and fevers and aches. There maybe something also for pmt. 

i hope I have given you confidence not to give up, this is just a blip recognising you have these symptoms is a start to the remedy. Let me know how you get on..........

• Posted

Thank you for your advice.  So far I have decided to start using a happy place visualization that takes me to my Great Grandma's yard at the bank of a river by a Willow tree, with a bridge in the distance and the wind blowing as me and my sister at 6 and 8 roll around smiling and laughing in the long grass.[color=#3a2e28] I've also started taking a higher dose of Neurotin.  [/color]

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Both of my posts to you were deleted and I'm not sure why. I wanted to let you know of some things that I have used to help in calming. I use lavender oil. Also Bergamot and Roman Chamomile is good. I use it aromatherapy wise. Also, you could try some good B vitamins, especially 6 and 12. Magnetism Taurate is good for calming. Epson Salt baths. Meditation, Prayer and gentle yoga as well deep breathing. There is a site that has some good info on it with some good breathing exercises. But not sure if I'll get my post deleted again if I mention it, which is a shame because it's a really good site. You could look up coherence breathing and probably find it that way. I wish you the best of luck. I've had times where my temper has been short too.

• Posted

Magnesium Taurate is what it was supposed to say.
    • Posted

Susan,

Look up quick coherence breathing. It helps calm me down and it only takes a few minutes and you can do it throughout the day.

• Posted

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Thank you so much for your advice.  I love the smell of Lavender.  I'm still a raving lunatic but thanks to all you gals, I have tools.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.