Sertraline! RELAPSE

Posted , 9 users are following.

in the past I had bad anxiety and depression was put on sertraline from 50mg finally ending up on 200mg.

Recently I have had a relapse and have really bad anxiety again tried to cope on my own but couldn't do it so I have started taking sertraline again at 50mg this is the first day I'm so scared and anxious about taking it because I am full of anxiety atm but last time within 2 months I was back to my old self. Anyone on sertraline early stages atm?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

I am slightly ahead in my journey with Sert. Just into my 7th week. I have noticed a big diffference. I stared at 50mg for 2 weeks and then upped to 100mg.

It's tough to start out with. Heightened anxiety is normal. If you are already anxious then of course naturally you will think that taking this med will make it worse.

I take my tablet in the morning around 6am to 7 am and I have a banana shortly after I take it.

I have taken anti dep before I took Citalopram a few years back for 18 months. Sertraline is a much kinder experience in my opinion. It has worked much quicker.

I am an anxious person and went onto this drug due to increased anxiety and panic attacks. I am very slowly starting to understand the process of my thoughts and what triggers them.

The only lasting side effect I have noticed is ringing in my ears but it's not bad enough to bug me.

The sickness does wear off but I still have the odd morning where I wake and feel queasy.

my doc told me to be kind to myself and take it easy for 2 to 3 months. It hasn't been like that I still go to work and exercise more than I ever have. I feel more motivated to get up and on with things. Maybe because I have been in this position before I am more confident because I know it does get better.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Stay strong x

• Posted

Hi Emma,

It's lovely to hear sucsessful stories and I was once a success story.

It's only day 3 for me and I'm not back to GP until 2 weeks so hopefully by then the side effects have worn off specially the hightened Anxiety.

We've just got to be strong and hang in there.

Take care x

• Posted

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I took Zoloft (Sertaline) .75 mg for 3.5 years and it worked well. The first month was hell on earth. Partly because of anxiety and fear taking meds. I was on high alert which made the side effects seem worse. I kept a journal and I had really bad days. Then, about one month after starting sertaline the anxiety was gone! Like a switch had been turned off. I was back to my normal self. Dont be afraid to take the meds. Be patient. Push through. Let the meds do its job. The medication really does stop the anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

This is exactly my issue I am so scared and nervous about taking the medication. I'm deffo going to hang in there because I know they will work they did last time and have for so many others. Glad to hear that this worked for you x

• Posted

Hi, I'm glad it work for you. Im starting my 4th week on the sertiline 50mg. My anixty has been so high evey other day in the afternoons that I want too jump out of my skin. My GP up my med. yesterday to 75mg. and I'm so scared of taking it. Thank-You for sharing your story. It gives me hope that someday I will be my self again and get the courage too take the 75mg

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. Keep going. Don't be afraid. Take the meds. Trust your doctor. I am in the same boat with you!

• Posted

I trust my Dr., She has helped people I know dealing with this. Its my body I don't trust. If that makes any sense. I hope you start too feel better and dealing with this isn't fun @ all

• Posted

Hello dusty17, I was wondering how you are doing?
    • Posted

Hi Teria,

Still early days still full of anxiety but just grinning and bearing it. Start therapy on Thursday as well can't wait for that.

How's you?

X

• Posted

We have been here before right? So we know it gets better. We know it takes time. We are doing this! When it gets bad and we are feeling hopeless we need to remember each other and know we are not alone. And that these days will pass. I was encouraged by Emma's post. She is at week 7 and doing well. That's our future too.

• Posted

Hello all. I am 11 days into my Sertaline journey. So far it has been hellish. I suffer from GAD, OCD & depression. My symptoms were well under control up until last September. I had been tapering off of Effexor XR after having been on it for years, was down to 75mg daily, then the lateest unravel.

Tried to keep Effexor where it was and add Brintellix. The Brintellix was a ad med for me. I also tried TMS, which my Dr thinks the Britellix may have blocked someof the benefits.

?He started me on 100mg Sertraline 12 days ago. After 4 days we upped it to 200mg which in hindsight was likely a mistake, but have been at 200mg 7 days now.

?The heightened anxiety with my OCD is the worst. My sister has been on Sertraline for 13 years and it has been effective for her....and she has shared that it took a least a couple of weeks to start seeing a tiny "spark" of peace and clarity, but it was more like 2 months overall.

?Hope all on here benefit from this process, which seem very slow!

• Posted

Great words of wisdom!!

Inspiring to me, for am really down today.

Thanks for the uplift!!

• Posted

Hi dusty and everyone. How are you doing now? I too made the mistake of stopping the Zoloft after being anxiety free for 3.5 years (as I described in my first post). On June 4 I started Prozac and the first two weeks were very awful from side effects and fear of the meds. Just like what happened when I started Zoloft. But I am not tolerating Prozac el. It hypes me up and gives me bad insomnia. So yesterday my psych doc stared me back on Zoloft. So I am cross tapering. Cutting Prozac down while starting Zoloft with a gradual increase in zoloft. Let me tell you!! I am scared stiff. But I know, friends, that these medications will work. Zoloft did it before and it will again. The good news is that I already have the medication built up in my system so the Zoloft should just replace the Prozac. Let's all keep checking in with each other. We can stay strong and do this together!

• Posted

Hi All,

How is everyone's journey going?

• Posted

Ok here is a different story, I have been on it for 3 years, took some life changing desicons to make my life better, and now I started to get off the meds little by little, what I'm trying to say is that: Guys, this medicaition will help you in managing your life and emotions and keeping everything under control. It might take you one year or twenty, it depends on a lot of variables. There is no wrong or right here. But eventually, someday when the time is right, and when you get everything managed you can consult your doctor and get off it gradually. It took me three years, I hope it takes you all less. 

Most importantly, do not act on your own, always consult a doctor. and do not force things. I needed the meds for three years, but when everything started to work out to the better, I started to get off it. 

All I'm trying to say is that, there is a light at the end of the tunnle, trust me. Sometimes I felt I will stay on it forever, but here I am trying to help others. You guys are not alone we are all on the same boat smile

Be strong, be positive.

love to all. 

• Posted

Hello, my journary is getting a little better. How are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.