Chronic fatigue with pressure headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I have had m e Cfs for about 3 years it started off from respitary infection then pressure like headaches and a other host of symptoms I had a follow up with neurologist see how I was doing I still bitterly complain about the feeling that my head is blocked not so much like the pressure headaches I started with but still lots of pulsing sensations clicking sensations.

anyway my neurologist suggested yoga I had tried earlier in year when I was in a worse place than now and it caused spasms so was a bit hesitant and the fact I tried graded exercise for 2 weeks which completely floored me for months I have been cautious on what I do .

i tired the yoga last night I found that when I would bend my head forward on the ground pressure would build and throb a bit and was a lot of tension in the neck and shoulders now I am wondering if there is a problem with my blood supply to my head I know pots can cause these sensations has anyone suffered with similar symptoms and does this sound like a symptom of m e ?I enjoyed the yoga but wasn't sure whether to continue maybe I should let my doctor know.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Russ, I have not been well since the new year similar symptums getting better  still a bit to go. I have dropped everything, no tablets just do what I have to do everyday. I have just cut the lawn and done some trimming thats it for the day.    I get thumping in the head but not as bad as it was. The word tension covers most of my problems. During the day I can cope but I have never found how to stop the night tension without taking [pills. NO MORE PILLS.

Good luck you are the best judge on what to do.        

• Posted

Hi yes I understand what you are saying its accepting the illness first I have spent so much time consumed with the symptoms and taking tablets herbal vitamins researching it now like you I take no more tablets and try to do what I can I no longer go to gps if I can help it I understand totally best thing I have done is trying to be cool with all my symptoms I have made progress so thanks for your advice take care
  • Posted

Hi Russ, just a couple of suggestions,

at the end of the day many CFS sufferers experience pain in

neck and shoulders, try a massage, better still a chiropractic

session, which will determine area of muscle tension,(around £30)

for severe headaches a self massage of face muscles can reduce

pain by up to 15%, and reduce dependance on painkillers,

you never seem to feel the of benefits from yoga, but always

well worth doing,

• Posted

hi mike yes I do self massage and have a good chiropractic which helps a great deal I jus didn't realise how bad the tension was there I have a constant feeling my head is blocked the theory that it is a build up of toxins definatley makes sense you have to keep trying things I suppose thanks for advice

• Posted

Personally I don't think it has anything to do with toxins in the system,mtine is directly link to the flu, I am 58 I first had problems at 17, I have had many relapses over the years.the longest was 6 years,but I always recover

• Posted

Well it's good to hear you recover but unfortunately relapse it's certainly a devastating illness whatever it is that causes it mine was a viral infection initially then had respitary infections I have gradually got worse but now found kind of a base line but seems I can't progress now maybe I will recover like yourself realistically I think it could take years if I do it's took 3 years to get to this point thanks have to keep being positive

• Posted

Post viral fatigue syndrome best describes what we have it is another name used for EM and chronic fatigue syndrome but they are not a really diagnosis as they are just a name for the symptoms,they are not an official disease yet the research has gone that far yet.Recovery and relapses are common.For me recovery has happened very suddenly when I have been at my lowest,it has happened quickly in stages so there is a possibility you might recovery guickly.The longest relapse for me was 6 years but I suddenly recovered in 2007,the last relapse was 2012 for two years it started with the flu.So it you get better you have to avoid getting a viral infection,you have to avoid people that are sick which can be hard. I do hold down a full time job but working right now is hell. I struggle just walking from my car and back.My social life is a zero. I just go home and relax. I never go anywhere it is just too hard to do things
    • Posted

I'm not sure on my recovery to be honest you mention not trying to get flu now the thing with me is yes I had infections until the last infection which completely wiped me out stopped me from working and haven't worked for 2 years since  had seizures headaches no sleep symptoms go on and on but since that happened I have not had 1 infection it's like my immune system has changed it doesn't let anything in that's why I wonder about my recovery  I suppose everyone is different with m e I see I Norway they stumbled across a cancer drug which helped not that I would use it but it re routes the immune system and has helped people meditation has been the best thing I used keeping positive tho at times it is hard take care 

• Posted

Yes exactly it is like your immune system is too strong.when I have a relapse I do get colds or the flu. I suspect the viral infection or flights your immune system in overdrive,it is when I recover I have have to avoid getting the flu as it causes a relapse.When I am having a replaces I have flu like symptoms sore and aching muscles and I don't feel well like I am fighting virus but it is not the flu it feel different. I suspect my immune system is causing the problems so I agree with you you only have to be careful if you recover. I think I get better when the immune system stops causing the problems

• Posted

I actually think post viral syndrome better describes my condition as I don't suffer from fatigue. I sleep well and wake up rested,dont feel exhausted or tired but I always feel stiff and sore like I just ran a marathon and Have a hard time walking even short distances like a 100 metres,post viral syndrome is related to cfs but without the fatigue

• Posted

" post viral syndrome is related to cfs but without the fatigue  "

I'm afraid that's just not true. Plenty of people who have developed ME, CFS, Fibromyalgia etc. originally had infections, like Glandular Fever, Flu etc.. That is why what you are talking about is correctly known as Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome.

What I agree with and so would many others with these conditions is that the term "fatigue"  is a bit of a misnomer.   I was in the army for many years and know what fatigue is and I don't recognise that as part of the condition,I just feel permanently ill and like you, have trouble doing much and walking any distance becomes virtually impossible.

• Posted

ME,CFS and Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome and Post Viral Syndrome have always be used to to name Symptoms people have but are not an official disease yet and might be multiple and different diseases.Do some more research I have been dealing with this condition since I was 17, I am 58 now, I have had 3 relapses in the last 16 years caused directly by the flu,my longest relapse was 6 years.BTW CFS was first used in 1988 I believe my condition started around 1975.Basically they are just names for symptoms.The research is not advanced enough to actually call it a disease as certain criteria have to met for a condition to be call a disease.Like a test that a person has the disease,and or clinical trails to prove how a person acquired the disease,and or a treatment proven though clinical trials.EM and CFS are just names for the symptoms once all other possible causes have been eliminated though testing.Mono is a related disease but it is an official disease as the symptoms are similar,At 18 the doctor thought I had mono but the tests came back negative
    • Posted

I googled the definition of fatigue fa·tigue/f?'teg/nounextreme tiredness, typically resulting from mental or physical exertion or illness. I felt that was the meaning I don't suffer from fatigue but I do have a hard time walking my muscles are always sore and stiff,my condition is directly caused by the flu, I aways sleep well wake up rested,never feel tired or exhausted I do get pressure headaches,flu like symptoms I have never been diagnosed with EM or CFS as I don't suffer from fatigue the way most people describe it and by the definition above so the post viral syndrome better describes my condition,fatigue by definition is very specific but is sometimes used vaguely

• Posted

I googled CFS definition of symptoms

]SymptomsEditThe most commonly used diagnostic criteria and definition of CFS for research and clinical purposes were published by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).[5] The CDC recommends the following three criteria be fulfilled:[19]A new onset (not lifelong) of severe fatigue for six consecutive months or greater duration which is unrelated to exertion, is not substantially relieved by rest, and is not a result of other medical conditions.The fatigue causes a significant reduction of previous activity levels.Four or more of the following symptoms that concurrently last six months or longer:impaired memory or concentrationpost-exertional malaise, where physical or mental exertions bring on "extreme, prolonged exhaustion and sickness"unrefreshing sleepmuscle pain (myalgia)pain in multiple joints (arthralgia)headaches of a new kind or greater severitysore throat, frequent or recurringtender lymph nodes (cervical or axillary)The CDC states other common symptoms include the following:[17]brain fog (feeling like one is in a mental fog)difficulty maintaining an upright position, dizziness, balance problems or faintingallergies or sensitivities to foods, odors, chemicals, medications, or noiseirritable bowel syndrome-like symptoms such as bloating, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhoea and nauseachills and night sweatsvisual disturbances (sensitivity to light, blurring, eye pain)depression or mood problems (irritability, mood swings, anxiety, panic attacks)The CDC proposes that persons with symptoms resembling those of CFS consult a physician to rule out several treatable illnesses: Lyme disease,[19] "sleep disorders, major depressive disorder, alcohol/substance abuse, diabetes, hypothyroidism, mononucleosis (mono), lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS), chronic hepatitis and various malignancies."[20] Medications can also cause side effects that mimic symptoms of CFS.[19]

• Posted

Last year, the U.S. Institute of Medicine (IOM) was tasked by several U.S. departments to write a report on ME/CFS. These report includes new guidelines for symptoms to diagnose the illness. For this report, Google "IOMs Report Guide for Clinicians." This report is considered a major step in the U.S. for getting ME/CFS to be taken seriously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.