Help I've upset my wife (who has Fibro) - URGENT!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Looking for an insight from those of you suffer with this....

I didnt mean to but I do find it difficult sometimes.

Im sure you're all aware of this no-one can see how bad you are. No excuses but I've been working long hours this week and am really tired. Stupidly I made a comment that it was ok for her she had a day off today so could sleep all day but I had to go to work. (We pay for childminder few days a week so wife can rest).

Shes gone ballistic to say the least!

I guess some of you have had it in your time. I suppose its just frustrating to feel so ill but everyone thinks you're just lazy. I get that why wife is so upset.

Normally I understand. And I do my best to arrange childcare, someone to clean the house. I was just so tired last night and, I suppose, a bit jealous that she had all day at home. Not good from me.

I really dont want her to be upset over this and think I'm like everyone else. Please help.....

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I left here a note this am (I leave house at 630) basically saying sorry I didnt mean it like that.

Not heard from her. Not sure if I should text her to see if shes ok or leave her calm down a bit and see her tonight? Dont want to get accused of not making sure shes ok.....

• Posted

HI Paul,

maybe you just need to get away from the day to day pressures. Also ask dr about anti depressants especially med cymbalta and has she seen a rheumatologist ? There are many DEMARDS that can help with fibro.

I am mr hopes caregiver , I have fibro  arthritis, & many joint replacements. As a caregiver it does take time to decompress. Just do something you enjoy take care of urself first then ur family will fall into place.

let her know she ic very confusing at time & just come out & ask what else can you do to help. You can't change the illness. You can't change how she responds to it. Perhaps a attitude adjustment Like a long weekend away .

• Posted

As others have said Paul, you're clearly a great support. The very fact you have posted here says a lot about you. Remember that it is difficult for both of you, so cut yourself some slack. Your wife no doubt knows that you don't think she's idle, so again, don't be too hard on yourself.

Just tell her you feel bad about what you said and don't feel that way. Maybe try and do something together, can someone watch the kids while you two have some time together, doesn't need to be anything expensive and if she's feeling that ill, I doubt she's up to doing too much anyway, but the gesture's a good one. Have you got someone you can go to when things get difficult for you? You probably need support too. it can be overwhelming at times as can seeing someone you love in pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.