Paranoid panic? Normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I remembered now why my psychiatrist pinned bipolar on me. I only smoked weed one time in my whole life, I'm 29, and it was early last year, anyways I had a major panic attack, the only one I've ever had. Anyways I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason a year later in a panic attack and all I could think about is I felt the same way I did when I smoked weed, so I thought my husband put weed in my food to be funny. I know he would never do that but I thought he did in that time. And for about 3 weeks every time I had a panic attack I thought he done that knowing at the same time he didn't. It was crazy. But my psych pinned psychosis on me...... she later said anxiety and panic attacks can cause some symptoms of psychosis but it not be the same as the ones in bipolar. She thinks it's just anxiety...... 

My question is, is this kind of paranoia common or normal in anxiety and panic attacks?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Have you ever been prescribed anti-psychotic medicatiion? Thorazine? Olanzapine?

And you have mentiioned on many posts that you do not take the medicines your doctor prescribes. Why is that?

• Posted

The only thing they have ever prescribed me is lexapro, klonopin, and xanex. I just don't take the lexapro because I'm scared I'm bipolar even though she said I'm not. I tried the klonopin but didn't like the way it made me feel, so I don't take the xanex because I know it's similar to the klonopin.

• Posted

The lexapro takes 4 - 6 weeks to start working its magic. I suggest you take it. The longer you wait the more you are defeating yourself. Don't be scared. It's working wonders for me. I was a mess, a complete mess 4 weeks ago. Try it. You have nothing to lose. It will not make you a zombie. You will feel better once it takes hold. 

• Posted

Mac, those are heavy drugs they use in psych wards. They really zombify you. You feel nothing. No emotion, no nothing. I would not take those if a doctor prescribed them either. She does not even know if she is bipolar or what. Treat the anxiety first and if something is amiss they will know from how she reacts to those meds. She is not taking the meds as directed, and that's the main problem here. 

• Posted

David you're right. And I definitely wouldn't take an anti-psychotic. I've read horror stories on those meds. At the same time I can't afford for the medication to trigger a manic state and me lose my job. Then I won't have insurance. It will just crumble from there I feel like. I'm in such a terrible situation haha

• Posted

I had to go out on temp disability. What a nightmare that is. Trying to get insurance to pay you while your out. A benefit I paid into for years but they give you such a hard time when you need to get some money back. Doctor said I needed the break though. Been at my job 30 years and can't believe the crap I have to go through when I get sick. But you am happy I got the break, it really helped. Still have other responsibilities, teenager at home and people depending on me but I will come through it ok

• Posted

Yes, I understand what these meds are. I wouldn't take them either. I was just wondering what had been prescribed, that's all.

• Posted

Just the lexapro and xanex and klonopin. I didn't like the klonopin and I haven't tried the lexapro or the xanex

• Posted

Get on it. The lexepro will not hurt you. Takes 4 - 6 weeks to start feeling its effects. Better get going or you are going to continue to feel lousy. 
    • Posted

I didn't like the kalonipin either. Left me feeling groggy and lacky all day. Xanex much better. And leaves me unclouded and functional

• Posted

I think David is right, honey. You should take the medicine and see how you go. It takes quite a while to work so don't expect any improvement for a few weeks at least.

• Posted

I think I might. I just hope and pray I'm not bipolar and get even worse! That would really suck

• Posted

Try taking half a xanax and see how you feel, it is not as strong as Klonopin but you need to start taking some medication to ease the panic attacks, xanax works fairly fast and is good for panic attacks. If it helps you then great but give it time to work.
    • Posted

I am a big fan of xanex. I take .05 mg in the morning with my lexepro to get rid of the shakes and edginess. For some reason my anxiety is worse in the mornings when I first get up. So I take the xanex and then sit for about 10 to 15 minutes and wait for the calm to hit. I also take a xanex, before bed to help me sleep. If I need to I take a half during the day if I am overly anxious about something. But I really like the xanex and being such a low dose, it won't hurt me. 

• Posted

How long does it take xanex to work. When I took klonopin I felt like my thoughts would race even more for about 2 hours before I really would calm down. Seems like it made them worse before it made me better. If I'm having a panic attack I can usually calm myself down within an hour or so by myself but took me longer with the klonopin. And it made my vision really sharp the next day and I felt really calm but jittery. Is xanex pretty much the same way I wonder?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.