8 weeks after total Knee replacement

Posted , 13 users are following.

I had my right knee replaced. Almost all the pain is gone except for one spot that gets really tender.

The swelling is still there but is small. My only problem is my flexion is at 110 degrees. From what I've read from other posts I think that is normal?

Still walk with a limp. The only time I use a cane is in gravel. And I take cane on my 20 minute walks.

Still have trouble stretching my knee because of the pain. I do my exercises like squats, heel raises, leg lifts, stationery bike, lungs on stairs and stretching my knee with my good leg.

Is there anything else that may help stretching my knee?

Still muscles get tight around my knee when I walk

Any help would be a big help to me 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sauna...,lovely...a swim and a sauna helped me immensely
    • Posted

I'll try that. Good for the state of mind too gets you out and helps you to concentrate on other stuff. X

• Posted

Time heal all wounds this is what I keep telling myself after my total knee replacement 8 weeks ago do rush your healing. My knee is still not straight and I can only bend it at 98 . I have little to no pain but my knee is still stiff loosen up after therapy . Keep working at it take it slow
  • Posted

Hi Ronnie?? I'm at 7 weeks post TKR and  my ROM is @ 125.  I know you're farther out now but after I was done with my CPM machine I was issued post op I continue with a towel under by heel and with both knees bent up on a flat surface I pull forward and hold pulling get my bottom in towards my heels. My Physical therapist and her assistants would have me do this and as soon as my ROM was at 105 after my third session they had me on the bike.   To my surprise but they were an absolute blessing!! I still get pain which I'm hoping will lessen soon since I'm due back to work soon.    Best of luck ??

• Posted

Hello Glo

Yes my physical therapist had me do the same thing in scooting my behind to my feet.

?Since your at 7 weeks, your pain will get less and less.

I am at 9 months now and the only pain I get is when I am on my feet for long time then my thigh and muscles just above knee start to hurt

Good luck in going back to work.

And keep doing exercise's 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.