Osteoarthritis natural remedy recommendations required please

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi. Has anyone used any healthcare supplements that have helped with Osteoarthritis pain relief?  I would much appreciate any replies. 

Regards 

Martin 

0 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have been using rose hip capsules for years now. I first noticed them for sale at a horse show and then they were only  for horses. A few years later they were available for dogs and then later on again they introduced them for humans. I started with 6 a day for a month and then down to 3 a day for the last 4 to 5 years. I do notice an increase in pain if I forget to take them for more than 3 days so believe they work for me. I also take bio turmeric. (1 a day). So far with these capsules and exercise I am leading a pretty full life with 3 days a week at the gym and 2 days a week with a personal trainer.  I have arthritis in my neck, back, thumbs and ankles and I am 69.

Cheers

​Kate

• Posted

Hi Kate,

Many thanks for your advice. I have lots to consider now 👍

• Posted

Rose hips is rich in vitC. I use my rose hips and make tea. Ass lemon mint all deom garden. 
  • Posted

Hi

I use GNC Womens joint health package but I am sure they have it for males. It has a multi vitamin and fish oil and gluesomine and chondroitin. I have felt better since taking them a month ago. I exercise daily and work core strengthening. Very important

• Posted

Hey Martin, I echo everyone else seti,ents. Don’t take painkillers they just cause poor problems. I take massive doses of supplements every day. Vitamin B12, D3, C (1 gram) and also magnesium chelate, MSM, ginger, garlic, cumin roots and also use a Chinese Linament oil. I often mix the garlic,ginger, linament cumin into to very hot water and massage in. I then soak into cotton balls and wrap joint...leave overnight. 

I also take probiotics as an added boast to my immune system, though my sitatuion is different in so much as that I have inflammation that I am trying to reduce. 

Yes to as as much exercise as you can muster. I also have cupping massages regularly. 

Seriously have ave very little pain now...sure my wrist by end of day, if I have been doing strenuous activities,  can be sore but after soaking it is vastly reduced. 

Have not not had a painkiller now for over three weeks after five months of sbdulute bedridden pain.  On the pend. Oh and I would try seeing a gp that practices naturopathy 

good luck

kes 

• Posted

Hi Kerrie,

Thank you very much for the advice. It’s great your not in much pain now 👍

• Posted

Sorry about spelling. Lol my phone keyboard has a life of its own  
  • Posted

In the early days I did take Glucosamine but didn't find any benefit. I have used Capsicum cream and also voltarol. As my OE progressed to bone on bone  I found that the only way to get rid of the pain was to get the joint replaced. Its wonderful I am now pain free and no need to take anything and I have some movement back in the joint.  

• Posted

Hi wknight. That’s great that you are now pain free. Must be a great relief 😊. I would like to try the Capsicum cream. Did you get it from a doctor in the UK? 

• Posted

I find turmeric (curcumin) greatly relieves the pain. It has the same effect as taking Celebrex though it's natural. Within one week of taking it my pain reduces substantially. I take 500mg with 95% concentration in curcumin. 

https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/supplements-herbs/guide/turmeric.php

• Posted

Hi celinechee

​Can you tell me the brand name of the turmeric you take. Occasionally when I have a flare up I will take a celebrex but there seems to be so many turmeric capsules around at various strengths. I live in Australia.

• Posted

Celinechee. I am in Aus too!  I went to compound pharmacy and also use fresh root- soak in it with fresh ginger and add garlic too ! I have added magnesium to the soak as well ! I use really hot water and it feels great! Something else that I have just discovered is Chinese lineaments oil! After soak at night I rub this into joint and pour some extra into cotton balls then wrap for the night. 

Trial and more trials seems to be the best approach for me. I give everything a try - breaking into immediate pain relief and long term improvement. ! 

Good luck 

Kes 

• Posted

I use voltarol gel with diclofenac sometimes, and take GOPO w/ vitamin C recommended by a rheumatologist. Also take vitamin D capsules. I would stay away from NSAIDs because they destroy even more the cartilage. This was a rheumatologist that told me. Do some exercise daily. I’m 42 with arthritis for 10 years.
    • Posted

yes it is Derek, the only difference between the gel and oral meds is that it enters the bloodstream and not the stomach, so less chance of digestive issues but the gels - ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc are still NSAIDS and the topical versions will still have the same contra indications for cartilage etc that the tablets have, except for the digestive issue.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.