I have my pre op for my hysterectomy in craigavon hospital

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I have my pre op for the 30th april 2018 for my hysterectomy. Im all over the place can anyone help me and tell me what kind of things to expect plz xx

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Nicola

What would you like to know. I had my tvh and anterior repair in swansea.x

• Posted

I have no idea where to start from i got told they r finally doing it after 9 years of fighting . My emptions are completely away before i even go for my op. I have no clue wat kind of questions i should ask them r how long my pre op will be. 😓😓🙈🙈

• Posted

Oh dear 9 years is a he'll of a time.

I didn't have any issue as I had a 're repair then when I had an examination before op he told me my uterus was 2 cm from entrance so it was a no brainer to have it out.

At your pre op they will weigh,blood pressure,blood test and also check lungs etc,also a mrsa swap. They will go over the surgery with you and tell you what type you will have. Do you already know? I had a vaginal and to be honest it was very straightforward and much better than ithought..hardly any pain just like cramping for a few days.

I'm a worrier and I would do it again😰😰😰. You will be fine hun,make sure you right down your questions.x

• Posted

They said hopefully is going to b vagina but because im epileptic there is a good chance it will be the ordinary one . Yeah i have been bleeding 25 days out of 30 for last 9 years tjey have tried everything from pain relief injections trying to force my body into menopause and finally a womb adlation nothing worked, so finally after fighting for so long they r finally doing it xx
    • Posted

Okay I understand now. Just make sure you hAve your questions written down. The pre op is only about an hr but may be longer waiting for bloodtest.

I'm sure it will all go smoothly so don't worry.

I can't comment on abdominal hyster only vaginal but from what I've heard you will have more p a in because of scar across tummy.. I can't take pain killers so only had paracetamol afterwards but only for 2 days. Keep us updated won't you.x

• Posted

Hi Nicola, I am going in tomorrow for a total hysterectomy after months of very heavy bleeding and feeling exhausted. I had my pre op couple weeks ago and took about hour. They take bloods and swab you for MRSA, urine test and put you on a heart monitor just to get your readings. Asked lots of questions and that's it really, nothing too bad at all. I am feeling quiet nervous but also can't wait now for it to all stop,well the horrendous bleeding and to finally and hopefully get my life back. It's so nice to hear off "welshgirl" that all went well as you can read some scary stories. All in all I can't wait now!!! I will keep you posted on my experience and good luck you will be fine. Xx

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I have my pre op in a couple of weeks!  I have a huge (15cm) fibroid to remove so they are doing a hysterectomy.  I have been very fortunate as have had no bleeding (I have the coil fitted for 10 years now) so unlike you Im absolutely fine in my self.  I am very nervous of the recovery, I am a useless patient.  Please keep us informed as to how you are getting on.  Im sure you will be fine but would be interesting to hear from you from time to time if you get the chance.  I am worried about hitting the menopause as didn't realise it was straight away!  But I'm sure I can just take HRT to help.

Good luck tomorrow xx

• Posted

Hey sharon i sympathise with the bleeding part. I have had heavy and continual bleeding 25 days out of 30 for past nine years. The hysterectomy is final resort as they have done everything else n put me through hell before getting to this point. Good luck tomorrow pet and keep us posted big hugs thinking of u xx
    • Posted

Hey jacqui my pre op is on the 30th im very weary of it and actual op im glad its happening but at same time very emotional. Im sure ur recovery will be fine alonside ur op. Keep me posted plz and chat to me anytime xx😘

• Posted

It was so straightforward for me hun. The waiting is the worst part honestly.

I can only speak about vaginal buster but lengths same op just you will have more tenderness due to tummy scar. I found arnica tablets really good for swelling and pain, from health shop. Please keep in touch .xx

• Posted

So sorry about the spell check. My tablet got updated and the words are all weird so sorry lo!. Buster meant hyster 😂😂😂

• Posted

Ur ok pet i hate the waiting. Im taking my mind off it atm by playing my accordion... dont know wats worse the waiting for op r me playing the accordion lol xx
    • Posted

Thank you Jacqui, I will keep you posted and hopefully share my positive story. I’m feeling ok just a little nervous tonight but can’t wait for it all to stop. I’ll be in touch and hopefully speak to you soon xx

• Posted

Thanks Nicola, oh I sympathise with you with the bleeding as I don’t think I’ve had more than 2 days a month without bleeding and it’s so exhausting isn’t it! I can’t wait now to get me life back and hopefully enjoy being normal. Well good luck to you too and I will keep you posted and hopefully share my positive story. I’m 45 and will hopefully go on HRT after as not 100% sure if I’m removing my ovaries until I speak gynaecologist tomorrow with my biopsy results. Xx
    • Posted

HI Jacqui, ok I had my vaginal hysterectomy yesterday and all went well. I did keep my ovaries as they looked good. I was totally pain free yesterday and have a catheter in so completely bed bound but completely comfortable. I do have a couple of shooting pains this morning but I think that's wind from the gas that they put into your tummy for the key hole. I have 4 little plasters on my tummy and finally no bleeding!! So all in all very positive about the operation and definitely no regrets.

• Posted

Hi Nicola, well I had my hysterectomy yesterday and all went really well. I did keep my ovaries as they looked good apparently. I was completely comfortable yesterday and totally pain free. I do have little shooting pains this morning but nothing bad but think it's the gas from blowing my tummy up for the key hole. I have no regrets at all, so far and feeling so relieved it's done. If you have any questions about the op please just ask xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.