Help.... my good knee is really painful suddenly

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I had a RTKR in January......I'm coming on...lots of exercise and working on it.....but now my other bloody knee is starting to really hurt....I'm limping away....NEVER got got a chance to enjoy the new one yet.....and here i am with more problems.... .I have RA and my left knee has hurt on and off but it's suddenly really painful ....was hoping to get a longer time without problems.....RA is a curse...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda. I am at exactly the same stage as you.I had my trkr in January & had trhr about 7 years ago.My left hip and left knee which I called my good side are now both really sore.I am assuming that the way I Way I was walking after my knee op is what has caused it but I really don’t know.

• Posted

Sorry Linda. My left hurt for a year and half. I was set to replace it and the right began to hurt as well. X-rays revealed stage 4 in both. Doc said it’s common that one begins your trouble followed by the second. It’s hard to accept but you’ll make it. 
  • Posted

My good one went through a phase of playing up around 6 months post op but it has now improved. that leg is weaker but i think the continued walking and losing weight has helped. Now 16 months post op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.