To anyone who was throwing up, had nausea and felt sick but recovered 100%after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need some words of comfort please. will it get better? What were your symptoms and how are you feeling today?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why was your gallbladder removed? Did you have stones, or a very low functioning? I have heard some cases of people getting the gallbladder removed, but still suffer since it wasn't the root of their problems anyway. My friend had severe IBS, so removing her gallbladder did not do much to help her. Did you have endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc to rule out any other related conditions?

I have never had gallbladder issues, but family members of mine have. My dad experienced nausea, vomiting and small stabbing pains after removal. That was 11 years ago. Natural remedies such as ginger, acupuncture, etc helped more than medicine. He is able to eat whatever he wants now, and has no more problems. For some people, removal of the gallbladder just takes time to heal. For him, it went from vomiting and nausea all day, to no more vomiting and just nausea, to just nausea in the morning, to nausea every once in a while, and then no more. My husband just had his gallbladder removed Friday and is experiencing the same post-gallbladder removal symptoms. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

If you're having the same symptoms since before your gallbladder was taken out, you should do some more testing. If these are new symptoms that came only after when your gallbladder was removed, it's most likely the removal of your gallbladder. Has your nausea become less frequent or less severe lately? Could be a sign of improvement. Recovery varies from person to person. It took my dad around 9 months to feel like himself again. In the mean time, try natural remedies like ginger, peppermint, and acupuncture. Have you spoken to your doctor about this?

• Posted

it has gotten better after the removal, however, i am not feeling like myself yet. My GI doctor told me to stop the ginger and peppermint because they are acidic.

• Posted

There are some forum discussions on here dating 3+ years back written by people who suffered with symptoms after GB removal. Of the ones who are still active, most of them are back to normal or at least a lot better than before. As long as you have had other problems ruled out, the symptoms you're experiencing should just be related to your body adjusting without a GB and they should improve soon. Good luck.

• Posted

was your dad or is your husband ever lightheaded? had or has no energy whatsoever?

• Posted

Hi, Johnette. Sorry for the late reply.

My husband is doing okay. His nausea still comes and goes, and he gets random pains similar to his gallbladder every once in a while. But the surgeon told him it was normal. He is slowly going back to eating regularly.

My dad didn't suffer from any lightheadedness or fatigue, but that symptom sometimes hits my husband, along with headaches. Not sure if it's related to the surgery. Hope you are improving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.