Intra-prostatic injections?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Guys,

Does anybody remember a year or so ago there was a discussion here about a newer treatment for BPH supposedly in clinical trials in the US but approved in some countries in Europe. It was an injection directly into the prostate that was said to result in significant shrinkage and clinical improvement in LUTS. Can anyone point me to the thread, or tell me the name of that product?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Think I remember Botox or something similar. But haven't seen anything further.

• Posted

I've been watching 3 drugs for a while. So far nothing seems to be happening as far as FDA approval. I wish there was more info on the net. Most of the info you find is about financial news & stocks.

• Posted

I have not heard of this,however it sure sounds interesting. I wish i knew??

frank

• Posted

Here are the drugs that Camster, myself and a couple of others have been watching. No word how FDA approval is going. They've been in development for years though. Makse me wond if they're just chasing their tails

topsalysin or PRX-302 by Sophius Corp,

Fexapotide Triflutate or NX-1207 by Nymox

Gel-Tx by ProSurg.

• Posted

OK, my post has been moderated. How the F*** are we supposed to talk about cutting edge stuff if it gets moderated.

Hopefully the website will see the error in their ways and put my info back

• Posted

Uncklefester, Thank you for the list of compounds and for your persistence in getting them posted. If you hear more about any of these, please let us know.

Thanks and best wishes,

Fred

• Posted

I sent a generic PM to everyone her with the drug names I've been watching. If you dig anything up, good or bad, please post or PM your findings.

• Posted

You should have them Frank. There are other drugs but these seem to be most promising

• Posted

Here is a link to an article about injection of alcohol gel into the prostate. Results were good, but I don't know who is doing this now...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17619720

• Posted

Hey Tom

That was one of the trail that they did in 2006. They are trying to get it approved by the FDA. There were 3 trails. As of February 2019 nothing has been done yet. There still trying. It need more work done. Maybe one day....Ken

• Posted

I'm always fascinated by the amount of time it takes to get something FDA approved. I'm in Canada and even if it was FDA approved in the USA it may take years to get here. I just read about this FT procedure and it certainly sounded promising. What I read was from 2018 so I thought it would have progressed by now. I guess all of our Doctors are fighting Covid.

I really would have thought that by this time politicians would have gotten involved since it gets worse as we get older. Maybe President Biden will push the research if he wants to pee normally again. LOL

I'm always amazed by the knowledge on this board.

KC

• Posted

Hi KC,

Thanks for writing.

I check on these trials periodically and also have signed up for notifications from the company that makes FT. It looks as if they have had some success, but no US approval yet and I'm not clear when it might be approved. If it does work, it would be a great thing. Keeping my fingers crossed. Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

There is one company that is applying for fda approval this summer 2021. Another company has bowed out of pursuing it. I tried to give the company names but it is being moderated.

• Posted

Fexapotide triflutate is being slated for fda approval this summer 2021. Topsalysin is not longer in the running.

• Posted

Fexapotide triflutate is being submitted for fda approval on or before Sept. 21 according the company website.

• Posted

Lets hope this is the break through we all can use. Sometimes I wonder how much say urologists have in these approvals. I gotta think this drug will be bad for the TURP, Holep, Urolift, etc. business

• Posted

Hey Buddy

I think this will give men another option. Which will be good for everyone.

God Bless....Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.