Advice for recovery after TKR

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi

i am hoping to be discharged from hospital tomorrow following my TKR, a few things have been recommended:

CPM and/ or icepack machine. I am thinking of hiring one or both ( or none?). Has anyone used these or have any suggestions about whether they are worth bothering with??

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have used cryo cuff cold therapy after my arthroscopy and it was the best thing I have ever used.

I have used to use ice packs before but somehow ice packs caused me more pain as it felt -it was too cold even so I had a towel underneath. Or it could have been because it was in direct contact with my knee cup ?

I have used it at night too and I felt my knee was secured and protected.

• Posted

I used the automatic ice machine CONSTANTLY. It was GREAT!!!!!!

• Posted

i think im going to hire the gameready machine:

it is expensive, but if it helps to heal my leg then it will be well worth it.

i will tell you how i get on!

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Here is the link for my ice machine.

Here is the perfect pad we bought. I goes all around your knee...worth it...

Hope this helps........

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Sorry, I didn't realize I was doing wrong.

• Posted

My brother in law loaned me his ice machine when I TKR surgery last year. I found that it was more trouble than it was worth. It didn't get as cold as a regular ice pack for one, and it was a hassle always having to add watter and ice to the ice chest part of the machine. I ditched the ice machine and went back to using regular ice packs after trying the machine for a few hours. Good luck to you whatever you decide to use.

• Posted

SOMEONE had a great idea to freeze water bottles and use them instead of ice cubes ill try tomorrow when i get out of the hospital.

• Posted

My brother in law loaned me his ice machine when I TKR surgery last year. I found that it was more trouble than it was worth. It didn't get as cold as a regular ice pack for one, and it was a hassle always having to add watter and ice to the ice chest part of the machine. I ditched the ice machine and went back to using regular ice packs after trying the machine for a few hours. Good luck to you whatever you decide to use.

• Posted

I have both waiting for me at home I get out after spending just 1 night. My surgery went well & I am excited to go home The water/ice machine -got info to use frozen water bottles instead of ice cubes. The CPM machine will really help This is my second TKR - didnt use the machine last time and had to get a MUA. This time, I'm going to use it. Best of luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.