Anyones bv so bad that the smell is coming through clothes

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi I've wrote a few discussions now but I suppose I don't want to feel like a freak so i ask if anyone else suffers what I suffer .

I've had it 3 years but the last 6 months it's got a million x worse .

The smell now comes over clothing and I can smell it in my bed so I'm constantly using products for my bed and I was the sheets every morning .

I brought some lovely dresses for the next 6 weeks of summer which was stupid I wasn't thinking so I'm taking them back to the store .

I'm constantly cleaning everything where I sit for a long period.

I've just finished my antibiotics and it was 85% better until my period came and now I'm finished it's back with a vengeance.

so sick of it all .

I'm already suffering mental health and other personal obstacles this is the last thing I really need esp as I'm so clean I really am a very very clean girl the amount of times people use to comment on and now I feel vile when I was proud I smelt so nice so it makes this worse in a way .

i think i caused it myself i was too clean.

why dont this happen to women who dont care about hygiene ? why us ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

check your messages. my relief, after suffering 10 years, comments get deleted. this site wont let you post actual remedies.

• Posted

Sorry you are suffering like that. If you haven't already tried, fresh squeezed lemons has been my life saver. They are very acidic and keep your pH balance in check. (google the benefits) I drink lemonade almost everyday and sometimes just plain lemon water. I used to drink apple cider vinegar detox tea (google the ingredients and research). Other remedies have worked as well but the fresh squeezed lemons have been the best and longterm.

As far as keeping yourself clean, I use a popular pH balanced wash and sometimes plain hot water. I do bath soaks immediately after my period...find a witch hazel with aloe vera to soak in and a pH vaginal gel to insert after.

GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

Hello Michelle,

I have been thinking of you. As a fellow sufferer of BV I sympathise. For the last two days and nights I have been free of it but while I have had this last bout of BV nothing can describe how bad I felt. It is lesser understood that these sorts of things can affect your mind and your personality. I do understand that you have other things that are going on. I am beginning to think of using a different soap. In fact from this morning I am using aloe vera and not the one I have been using for about two months. As I said I was free of BV but last night I used more soap and it is back. I am now using aloe vera.

For the extreme awful feeling that I had with this condition I took a prescribed anti-psychotic. The very awful feeling that I had, that could include a smell did go. I still had BV but it did go.

Further, from my own experience I used less washing-powder rather than more.

Is it okay to message you privately on here? Though having said this I do not know how.

Do you have a "Women's Centre" near you? Some time ago I went to talk with a lady in a centre like this, in fact more than once. The women that run these Centres are not medically trained but they are "Good Listeners" and for me it made me feel as if, apart from the problems, I was the same as everyone.

Tell yourself you are going to get better. Write it down. Give the new products you have bought a chance. Within a day or two things could change for the better.

Have a read through things on the websites. Something there could help. What I am writing here may not help.

As well as, as you have had antibiotics do you think you may have thrush? Do you feel dizzy? This is one of the signs for myself that I have it. Using natural yoghurt can help. Plus different things from the chemist. These days if I have antibiotics prescribed I ask for fluconazole a tablet for thrush.

I would not use any products in your sleeping area to lessen smells apart from natural things like tea tree oil or aloe vera soap.

I have had BV and it has put me in a bad mood. It is no joke.

• Posted

As well as looking at shampoo. I used a shampoo in the shower sometime ago that when I stopped using it the BV stopped.

I use now apple shampoo or aloe vera shampoo.

Or even go as far as not washing your hair in the shower but at the sink.

Why some women have BV and others do not is a puzzle. Just bad luck.

• Posted

hello thank you for replying.

you're so right about shampoo etc

over the last 10 years I've suffered bv but I'd go to the sexual health clinic ( I thought it was only treated via sexual health clinics because that was where i I diagnosed the first time I got bv 10 years ago.

but up until 3 years ago I could go to the clinic and they'd give me antibiotics and the bv would clear it or bv gels .

I was told by the nurses I was way to clean and I had to stop it .

I dont know if its OCD but I didn't listen .

but it's been 3 years and I could keep the smell at bay it wasnt bad enough for others to smell but if I say didn't shower ( which is unthinkable for me ) the smell would of come through my clothes I just know that .

for the last 6 months the smell is worse and I am now only using a cream to wash with nurses suggested it and I only use it in my bath water its aquarius cream .

my routine is run a bath and only use aquarius cream to wash front and back and then I take a shower and wash my hair and use soap on my body and after that I use body butter everywhere after showering.

so I'm learning lol but I should of listened 10 years ago and the non stop bv for 3 years has stopped me having any realtionship I'm way to embarrassed and proud to think about a man.

I'm 36 no kids and not much time .

it's so bad I dont go out I didn't get a hair cut for 8 months until 2 weeks ago and I only went then because I was antibiotics and they help for a few days so I used my time wisely .

I'm lucky my dad does all my shopping and I can't work * long story*

how did you stop your bv ?

• Posted

hi to add babyele

I've been on a antipsychotic for 10 years

quetiapine/seroquel and 4 other meds .

I'd think maybe the antipsychotic has started this bv for 10 years but I realised quickly my first to bouts of bv in 2009 started before I was put onto a antipsychotic.

tbh I believe my ex bf sperm upset my levels its where it all started .

I use to get very bad infections where my wee would smell like rotten eggs and since we split 7 years ago I've never had the smelling wee again.

but I also think my obsessive with smelling good has been the main factor.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, just like my other response to other girls, if we have BV meaning our immune system are compromised especially our ph levels. I suffered a lot too because of that started 2016. I'm better but not totally. It will take awhile though. These bv is so depressing but you will get better. Remember its not only you who is suffering. we are here to help you.

You have to take Probiotics, Multivitamins for women, Flax seed, Kefir, Lemonade no sugar, No carbs foods, No sweets (carbs and sweets can enhance yeast infections), try Kombucha also, take Vit C orally, take vegetable detox drink do it yourself ( search for it).Do not put anything in your vagina, my GYN said it will get worse or may cause Cancer. No douches. When you wash. only plain water, perfumed soap is a no..no..because our vagina doesn't like perfumed scent near them, it is like an oven that will clean by itself. If you want to wash your anal area, use no perfumed soap or no perfumed feminine wash. No panty liner, only use cotton panties to breathe. At night when you sleep use a boxer shorts or men's boxer shorts. Hopefully these can be of help. God Bless

• Posted

hi

until 3 weeks ago I washing having a soak and I'd stupidly use body wash in the same water .

I've brought some pesseries and vagina pro botic but I know it's going to be £30 down the drain .

the cost and lengths everyone one of us is going through .

you'd think in today's times there would be one solution one tablet .

• Posted

Hello,

so happy to hear that it worked for you! I've been having BV for over 3 yrs now and tried everything and nothing has worked out so far... it's making me depressive and i don't know what to do any more

as long as put boric acid capsules in my vagina the foul smell is gone but as soon I stop using it all the systems come back right away... i went to the doctors and she that my PH is normal and that there is imbalance/ infection. I did the test myself multiple times and it always said that my PH is normal but why are the systems foul smell and watery/ yellow discharge there when it indicates that my ph is normal?

• Posted

it's a mystery what is wrong with us.

I know my bad luck when I finish my 7 days which will be Monday like others it will come back .

The self ph test i have ordered a self test kit I've not used one before .

so what you've tried so far ?

I've tried 3 lots of mertizole

I've tried antibiotic cream going up my tunnel I've tried bv gels .

since I came here I've changed my habits I no longer use strong washing powder and I dont use pads or tampax .

I've brought black seed vitamins and vagina prebiotics.

my doctor told me to get use to bv because I could have it all my life and I got really upset I told him ..i can't go around like this I'm embarrassed.

The extremist thing about my bv is

I've spent 4 years hiding and not going anywhere I've only been out a handful of times in emergencies

so I know all about the smell it's totally messed my world up.

• Posted

let's not give up!!!

i've tried different home remedies

tampon and coconut oil

tampon and bit of tea tree oil (careful only a few drops)

sea salt water

hydrogen pexiode

boric acid capsule (they have been helping but only when i use them I guess they made my ph normal again but when I stop using them the smell and discharge come back.... even though my ph is normal ) how can it be that my ph is normal but there is still a foul smell and watery discharge??? I'm gonna try a diet now and probiotics. I've heard you put a specific probiotic in your vagina i think it starts something with A it should help too. Take care of your mental health and body:) drink lots of lemon water

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.