How do I find past questions?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I clicked on a new PMR question but forgot to indicate that I wanted to follow so the question disappeared after exiting. Many questions will go unanswered. Not that I could respond to that particular one but I always learned from others' responses. When is this forum going to go back to the way it was? Every question I read disappears afterwards so I can't follow if I didn't respond or click on the "follow" at the top.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Edited

Hi Peggy,

All new discussions are listed on the PMR Group page here https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/polymyalgia-rheumatica-and-gca-1708

There are 3 pinned discussions but the newest user discussions are listed under those with most recent first. They will move down the page as new ones are posted or there are replies to others. You can always see discussions that have been posted in groups you are following on your notifications page https://patient.info/forums/me/notifications. I know this page does not give titles of discussions, this is a page I have asked for improvements to.

Notifications do not disappear from this page but are marked as read after clicking.

Discussions or replies you post do not appear on your notifications page, that page is to notify you of other users' posts.

If you want to see your replies they are here https://patient.info/forums/me/replies

If you want to see discussions you have posted they are here https://patient.info/forums/me/discussions

I am also aware of improvements required for those pages which I have reported.

This is how the forum always functioned. The only change was to emails being sent which is under review to reinstate for new discussions and all replies.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

"You can always see discussions that have been posted in groups you are following on your notifications page https://patient.info/forums/me/notifications. I know this page does not give titles of discussions, this is a page I have asked for improvements to. Notifications do not disappear from this page but are marked as read after clicking."

Notifications do disappear after reading. And I do not click on it to say it has been read. So, am I supposed to remember all those addresses rather than having them remain in my notifications?

• Posted

Also, the above message was not in my notifications or messages and neither was yours.

• Posted

I didn't click "follow" as I usually do as I wanted to test this. I clicked on the link given by the moderator and yes, indeed, your post is there, not very far down. I came back to your post from there and then followed it. Maybe bookmark Alan's link so you can return to it easily in the future?

• Posted

My bookmark will not take the link. It only takes pages and my bookmark has too many pages, can't use it.

• Posted

But did the link work? I only suggested bookmarking it so you can find it easily again. I always open on this page:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pmr-gca-website-addresses-and-resources-35316

because I used to share a lot of the resources and it was easy for me to get to the notifications etc from that page anyway because there's a link to notifications and messages right there. Also from that page if you click "community" you come to the list of posts. This page is on my own home page along with several other useful links, like to my email, another PMR forum, the weathernetwork, etc! I use Chrome browser.

How do you usually access the forum?

• Edited

Thanks for the above link. I will try to bookmark it.

• Edited

Hi Peggy,

Ok, think I know the problem. On your notification page Unread posts have a tick box and background shading. If you click one of the links on the page OR click the link from an email the notification gets marked as read and gets placed under the unread posts further down the page. If you have a lot of unread notifications the read ones may be on the next page so looks like they have gone. In below image from my notifications page I haven't clicked the top 3 links so show as unread, the posts below this are read, ie I clicked the links so the one marked as 7 hours ago appears under older ones. If you do have a lot of unread notifications there is a "Load more" button at the bottom of the page which will show more pages. If you do not need all of your unread notifications to be in that state you can click "Mark all as read" to change them all to read status. This will then list all of the most recent ones at the top. You may have to click more than once if you have a lot of unread posts. Just to reiterate, your own posts do not appear on the notifications page.

Let me know if I can advise further.

Alan

• Posted

hi Alan

This forum really doesnt work anymore. Before when you posted a discussion, you would get several responses, now there are none which suggests no one is picking them up. If you look on our forum there are zero replies to the posts. Our medical problem is one that is not discussed widely anywhere else and this forum acts as a lifeline for support and knowledge between us all. There must be a way of improving it so that we can all help each other again. My only response to my recent discussion is from someone who I am in contact with by PM already and has clearly not got through to others. Please can you improve this in some way so that we can all support each other again.

• Posted

My messages still disappear after reading and exiting. There is no way I can delete them as they are not there to delete. Sometimes I would like them to remain so that I can go back to them. Also, there used to be a section that showed our own input to various topics.

• Posted

Can you not find these things by going to your profile? I can access my messages going back four years, and my replies as well as my posts.

• Edited

It is discussed far more widely on the HealthUnlocked PMRGCAuk forum. I am there daily - now I come here once a week whereas before I came any time I received a notification. You are quite correct - it simply doesn't work any more. It is such a shame - because PMRGCAuk and their forum only exist because 12 years or so ago 5 ladies with PMR and GCA met here and set up the charity

• Edited

Thanks so much to those 5 ladies ! When first diagnosed this site was a saviour for me . I haven't been on for a long time now , and I did not think I would see any old familiar names, but I am sooo excited to see you are still on here Eileen and Anhaga. I dropped off for two reasons, 1. The technical confusing changes on the site and 2. New physical and confusing changing medical problems within me. So glad to see they are going to relook at the site problems. I am doing ok ish, but still trying to sort 'me' out. I will go put a new question on.

• Edited

Don't hold your breath - some things we asked for 3 years ago haven't arrived yet.

I've been tempted to say sod it but I have a conscience ...

• Edited

Thank you so much for staying on the site, and sharing your knowledge.

• Edited

There is another forum - rather more user-friendly in many ways but tends to be a bit manic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.