Completely off-balance; wobbly legs in peri & menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone gage the distance from the car to across the street because you have no balance? Used to love walking, now can barely walk a few steps let alone go shopping in Peri or Menopause???

Know how long it lasts? I know it's hormone fluctuations but I hate it! HELP!!

🤓Jamie

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

All the time off and on. More on than anything. And going to the store well I pretty much won't do it unless someone else is with me. Exhausted 247

• Posted

Yes I'm often lightheaded,I find it hard walking around in the house,I always go out with someone,my confidence is shattered.i hope you re feeling a little better soon x 
  • Posted

Yep Jamie I'm the same, weird off balance, shaky legs, anxiety and now terrible depression, I'm not sleeping well I can only sleep for a couple of hours then I'm awake.

I cried getting ready for bed last night and been crying on and off since 6 this morning

I've tried so many different HRTs but nothing really helping. Started tibolone 10 days ago and it's brought a bleeding on and now migraine as well

I feel really negative with feelings of doom, I'm starting to think all sorts that's there's something else wrong with me and can't convince myself anymore that it's hormones even though I know you and other ladies Jamie have this balance issue

I have two sisters one going through peri and she is able to drive, work and get on with life, I just don't get it

Sorry for being so negative this is just how I feel this morning

Hope you can enjoy your day

Hugs

Brenda x

• Posted

Brenda I can totally relate to your post. These symptoms change daily and weekly during the month with maybe a few good days in there if we are lucky. I am struggling to sleep at night too. The most I can sleep at any given time is like 3 to 4 hours. It does feel like something has to be wrong with us, until all test results come back normal and healthy, sure doesn't feel like we are healthy. It is frustrating to see our friends or sisters our age not struggling the way we are. I don't know the answer to that, I just have to have hope that one day I will enjoy life again. I hope you were able to sleep a little and I hope your day is s little better today. It's okay to be sad frustrated and cry. This experience is horrendous. You are not alone and we are all here for you,

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

Hi Brenda

Are you still on here? I just read your post and I wanted

to see if you were feeling any better

• Posted

Hi becky, I'm still on here lol. Still having the same symptoms, off balance, anxiety, sore stiff neck. Too scared to move my neck now, I've been avoiding turning to look left or right, up or down, scared incase I get dizzy, don't know how I'm going to lose the fear of it all ??

How are you?

Love

Brenda xx

• Posted

Hi Brenda, Im glad that you are still on here. Its nice to talk

to ladies that are going through the same thing. Its

comforting. Im getting through the neck pain part of

this......for this week lol! Who knows what tomorrow will bring ugh! I have been going through this roller coaster ride since March of this year. How long have you been dealing with this? Have you tried any vitamins or anything else? I started taking vitamin B and vitamin D3. They seem to help and I feel like I am able to do moreI also pray a lot and read daily devotionals. Walking helps too! The different moods are what really thrashes me sad Btw I am 48 my Mom was done with everything by 50. I hope that I am that lucky smile Thank you for responding and I hope that your day will be a good one smile

• Posted

Yes Jamie I do sometimes park really close to stores and doctors offices when I'm off balance. When it's really bad I don't go anywhere alone because I need to hold on to someone. Seems crazy. I have had these symptoms for about 12 months off and on. The symptoms come and go at there own accord. Sometimes I do notice it around my cycle too. Take Care. Hoping your symptoms give you a few days off.

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

Very lightheaded and unsteady all the time! Hard to do much when feeling this way. So afraid sometimes of passing out and falling down. Where does it end?
    • Posted

I'm the same Debbie, always off balance, wobbly legs, anxiety, feelings of doom etc

I have a migraine today and the nausea is unbearable can't stop crying, my family don't know what to do with me I have that feeling that I just can't go on and feelings of fear, scared of everything, tablets side effects etc

I would be grateful if any ladies could offer any reassurance

Thanks

Brenda x

• Posted

We are all in this together Brenda. Please don't feel alone and down. There has to be light at the end of this horrific tunnel! Today is upper back pain day for me. Laying on a heating pad. Is this a symptom of peri/menopause? Ugh! So over all this!
    • Posted

Hi Debbie bachache and pain is another symptom of peri

I'm totally fed up with all this, still nauseous and have only managed a 1/2 slice of toast to eat today

I've developed terrible health anxiety Debbie I'm scared of everything now. Scared of taking tablets scared of the side effects etc

Oh I wish this could be over soon or at least get a bit of respite for a wee while, the more anxious I get the worse the symptoms are

I hope you've enjoyed your Easter holiday as much as you can Debbie, thanks for trying to reassure me

Hugs

Brenda

• Posted

Oh Brenda, I so know how you feel! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! Did you manage to eat at all? I didn't do too well myself for breakfast and lunch, but managed to eat a half piece of chicken, a baked potato, and some corn for dinner. Just had a nut bar for a snack before bed. I have terrible health anxiety too, and the medication anxiety too. I basically am only taking natural things now, because I'm afraid the other stuff will give me horrible side effects. This week I have a neurologist appointment and a urologist appointment, so hoping everything will be ok. Praying for relief for us both! Hang in there!
  • Posted

Oh yes I get that lovely feeling. Especially when I have my cycle. I'm so off balance like I stepped off an elevator. I immediately grab onto something to keep from feeling like I'm going to fall down. I get the wobbly legs and at times they feel heavy like lead. If it's not one symptom it's another. I'm freezing cold today, fully clothed with socks and under blankets. I really feel like a lunatic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.