Completely off-balance; wobbly legs in peri & menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone gage the distance from the car to across the street because you have no balance? Used to love walking, now can barely walk a few steps let alone go shopping in Peri or Menopause???

Know how long it lasts? I know it's hormone fluctuations but I hate it! HELP!!

🤓Jamie

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just don't get it. Can all this be from hormones? I feel like there has to be another yet undiagnosed cause. When I went in for tests I was hoping they'd find something wrong so I can get to the bottom of it and resolve it so I can resume with living again. It's all so mind boggling!!!
    • Posted

Hey CCinCal,

That the was the part that I really struggled with. It messed me up mentally. Going to docs, ER visits, hospital stays, all types of blood tests and other scans and xrays, to be told that eveything was fine. Just low on some vitamins and minerals. It's a relief that all is fine, but at the same token I want to know what's wrong so I can address the problem. It took me a long time to accept that this is all hormonal. Once the serious things have been ruled out, I accept that it's hormones and my body is going to transition wether I want it to or not. Because of my age,still having cycles, and hormones blood testing that show normal, docs won't give me much help. So I have to help myself. It's been a hard, difficult 5 months for me, but I'm learning to cope. Doesn't mean that I don't get scared when these symptoms come about, I still panic and have bad anxiety. But I have to keep telling myself it's hormones and it will go away.

• Posted

I'm the same still having periods. They didn't do hormone testing though saying it's too erratic to test. I'm hoping I'll get to try bio identical but need to find a doc still and get off the BC pill first. Did they offer you BC? Are you in the U.S.? It seems like European doctors are more into bio identical.
  • Posted

Wow! Thanks for ALL the comments Ladies!!

Besides sleeplessness and anxiety, I find the wobbly legs/off balance to be the most debilitating.

Any of you have this symptom completely end and go back to normal balance?

• Posted

hi - just came across this thread and have found it so helpful...can anyone update to report if they are feeling better and how long their symptoms lasted. ive been feeling off balance, wobbly shaky for about 5 months and its debilitating. if you could say how old you are, im 49. thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.