Compression Stockings

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone know of a good reason to carry on wearing them after 6 weeks?  Physiotherapist was a bit 'ify' about saying I could take them off until I've seen my consultant, but as that will be nearly 7 weeks after my op, I can't wait that long.  Feel I've done my bit wearing them for nearly 24 hours a day for six weeks.  In this heat it has been unbearable, especially at night.

Your views are greatly appreciated.

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so bloody glad we dont use them in the nw , although we do have to inject daily for 14 days , better than the stockings 

• Posted

Inject daily is easier for sure. I did both on my second hip joint replacement..

eppi pen for pre measured injections r so easy...I think that was the easiest thing about recovery.

• Posted

I think it's time to dye the PINK .. Make a fashion statement.

After all the struggle it takes to put them on totally messed up my thumbs.

in THR we get to wear compression socks all the way up to our hip..

Lady GA GA ain't got nothin on us. 

• Posted

I don’t think you should wear them at night because they are not necessary when laying flat.
  • Posted

I only had mine on 1 day my surgeon came to see me on ward

took one look at stocking said for nurse to take them off they were cutting into my leg i have arthritis in my knee's so they swell up . iv been ok , just told if i got any of the symptoms of DVT to go straight to gp

• Posted

I don’t think you should wear them at night because they are not necessary when laying flat.
  • Posted

Mine will stay on day and night fir 6 weeks and not a day longer lol 

Pam 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.